Unlock lag

Woodrel
Woodrel
Community Member

Since moving to Families Beta I've noticed a considerable lag in unlocking vaults on Mac in 1Password Mini, the Safari and Chrome extensions. The main app is a little faster but still a lot slower than the vanilla apps. I guess I expected some lag but it has been finger tapping slow. Any solutions?

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Woodrel,

I'm sorry you're hitting this issue. We are aware of the trouble and are looking into it, but we haven't found a workaround you can use in the meantime.

Hopefully we'll have a fix soon!

• Hello @Woodrel,

I used to see a huge delay when unlocking 1Password in earlier betas of version 6. The problem stemmed from the fact I have over 2000 items and the team fixed that for me quite a while ago. It seems things are slowly getting slower again, and I think it is related to checking for updated items. From what I can tell we're waiting for this process to complete before we complete unlocking the UI.

There are some legitimate reasons to do this for Teams as your access to a vault may have been revoked, but in Families it's not nearly as important.

I'll open up an issue and see if we can get things running snappy again. Thanks for the feedback!

++dave;

• Woodrel
    Woodrel
    Community Member

Thanks, I look forward to any updates.

• On behalf of Aleen and Dave, you're welcome. :)

• liange
    liange
    Community Member

I have the same issue with 1Password for Teams. I have around 11 shared vaults.

• Hi @liange,

Would you mind sharing how many items total you have in Families/Teams accounts?

This is definitely something we'd like to improve.

Ben

• liange
    liange
    Community Member

@bwoodruff I have 71 items, in 11 shared vaults. It's the taskbar widget in OSX that lags when I unlock.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2016

Gotcha, thanks @liange! Would you mind sending us an email to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this thread ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/59651/unlock-lag ) if you are willing to help us track this bug down? We've heard a few reports of it but we need some additional logging to get to the root.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: OPM-3829

• spooner2b
    spooner2b
    Community Member

I have 42 items in a shared team vault and 811 items in primary vault using 1Password 6.2.1 on Mac and have noticed increased lag since joining team account. I'm happy to send an email to support team if it will help.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@spooner2b please do! All the information we can get helps. Like Ben said, please send us an email to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this thread ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/59651/unlock-lag ) and we'll follow up with you there. :+1:

• edward_the_great
    edward_the_great
    Community Member

I'm also hitting this and it's a bummer coming from the local version of the App. My family is complaining about it too. I wait sometimes 10-15 seconds to be able to fill. Let me know if I can help.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@edward_the_great, are you seeing the same thing when using the beta builds of the 1Password for Mac app?

This discussion has been closed.