Logging into US Bank will not login using 1Password Firefox Addin. It works manually

justanotherokie
justanotherokie
Community Member
edited February 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Trying to login to US Bank and it won't advance past Login Screen. I can do it manually by copy/paste of the User ID and Password. This is a bit unique because it is a two screen login. First the User ID, then the Password screens.

This occurred after the 4,6.0..604 update and worked perfectly before.

Come on guys, Windows users are now 2 versions behind the OSX version.

If Windows users are the step children at least don't break something this basic.

I've been using this for years on my Mac which I got rid of. The only reason I
haven't switched to another is I don't want to use the cloud to sync. I'm getting
close to giving up on 1Password.

I've tried the WIN10 version which is nice but tired of waiting.

1Password Version: 4,6.0..604
Extension Version: 4.53
OS Version:_Windows 10
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @justanotherokie,

When you said it won't advance, can you clarify what happened? Did it say the username is incorrect or was there a different error?

Come on guys, Windows users are now 2 versions behind the OSX version.

The version number doesn't reflect the feature set, 1Password 4.6 uses the same extension brain as 1Password 6 on Mac. In fact, we are the first to upgrade to the latest extension brain version before the Mac version, which still does not even have this newest code in its betas. A lot of the features are the same between both versions and we will keep issuing free update to match the new features in 1Password for Mac.

We can rename this version to 1Password 6 but it wouldn't change much. We only do major versions when there is a major change to the program. The next version would be 1Password 6 as we'll jump ahead like we did for 1Password 1.x for Windows to 1Password 4 for Windows when it included support for OPVault, the new format which was a major change.

• justanotherokie
    justanotherokie
    Community Member

It accepts the username and the password is autofilled. I can click Login all day long and nothing happens. You can tell that something is posted by the flicker in the address window. It just appears to stall. This weekend I'll get in the debugger and dick around with it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

If Windows users are the step children at least don't break something this basic.

@justanotherokie: To be clear, we didn't change anything. A number of customers have reported that US Bank changed their site recently, however. And this isn't a Windows problem either; Mac users are struggling with this as well, I'm afraid. :(

Now, not having a US Bank account, I can't verify this myself, but some folks have reported success on OS X with the steps outlined here so it's possible that they may help on Windows as well. Note that Chrome seems to be where people are having the most success, so I'd try it there. It isn't clear which browser you're trying to use from your description. Please let me know if that helps. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

ref: OPX-1077

• justanotherokie
    justanotherokie
    Community Member

I called US Bank yesterday, they acknowledged an issue with downloading QFX/OFX files. Downloading CSV files still seems to be functional for what it's worth.

• justanotherokie
    justanotherokie
    Community Member

If I split this item into 2, Item 1 without a password, and Item 2 to supply the password it works fine.

• Hi @justanotherokie,

Thanks for letting us know. We've added that info to our tracker and hopefully, we'll find a way to work with the newer site design.

• justanotherokie
    justanotherokie
    Community Member

Considering the issue I was having was how 1PW enters the password, I leave the password field blank and manually paste the PW in and I can get into the site. That leaves a problem. I cannot use the browser extension to get the password but have to open up full 1PW and copy the password from a custom field.

I would suggest that you have an option in 1PW to not enter the password. Then I could obtain the password from the Addin.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@justanotherokie: If I'm understand your description, you want a quick way to copy the password only. Is that correct? If so, you can actually right-click the item in the browser extension to view some of its details, and then click the password field to copy it. Let me know if that helps! :)

• justanotherokie
    justanotherokie
    Community Member

Seriously, is that your takeaway from that?

• @justinrokie - I'm sorry but I'm not fully understanding - The US Bank login should work if you have two 1Password records for this - the first one containing your user name and the second one containing your password. Once you get to that second page click on the 1Password extension and select that second record from the list of logins. You said this worked OK for you, is this correct?

• justanotherokie
    justanotherokie
    Community Member

Removing the password from the first item, then having a second item for the password does work. It's pretty hokey but it does work.

If I have both in the same 1PW login I still cannot progress past the login screen.

Also I periodically have a floating bitmap of the line in the

• Hi @justanotherokie,

Thanks for the info. Am I correct to understand that if you leave a password field blank in the first Login item, it won't let you progress but if you remove the password field, it works fine? Or did you mean that you didn't remove the password in the first Login item and you had to do this before it works?

Also I periodically have a floating bitmap of the line in the

I think you meant to finish that sentence, can you clarify more on this?

• justanotherokie
    justanotherokie
    Community Member

Exactly correct.

Sometimes the bitmap for a site as above (BOK) moves to the top of the Zorder on screen and stays permanently until I close Firefox.

Also a new Bug...Why does opening 1 password from the firefox addin not also open the main app. To open the main app I have to supply the password again.

This kind of stuff is exactly what I mean about Windows getting 2nd class treatment vs. OSX. The OSX product is superb, Windows is not and pretty far from it.

Seriously the only reason I'm not using Da$hLane is because they have no WIFI sync or folder sync.

• Hi @justanotherokie,

Exactly correct.

Ok, that might be because 1Password may be filling in the blank value and that causes a weird interaction, we'll investigate to see what's going on.

Also a new Bug...Why does opening 1 password from the firefox addin not also open the main app. To open the main app I have to supply the password again.

Not a bug, this is a known limitation in the current security design of 1Password. It is 1Password Helper that communicates with your extensions, not the main 1Password program. The 1Password extension doesn't have a UI or your data, 1Password Helper generates the native UI for you to select an item to fill and it then communicates the data to your extension to fill in.

1Password Helper and the main 1Password program are two separate processes and in order to protect your master password, we get rid of it as soon as you unlock with it. So, when you unlock 1Password Helper without the main 1Password program running, we can't unlock it later without your master password.

You might want to read this Universal Unlock section to make it easier to unlock your extensions from the main program instead: https://support.1password.com/guides/windows/preferences-browsers.html#universal-unlock

• justanotherokie
    justanotherokie
    Community Member

This may make you feel better, I tried a free copy of da$hlane. It chokes on US Bank too.

• Thanks for letting us know and no, it doesn't make us feel better. We want you to be able to log in securely on your bank site, even if it means using a different product. We want better security for everyone in the long run.

This discussion has been closed.