Had an existing personal account, but just created account for teams....

I just created an account for my business and thought that I had to have a separate account to do so because I did not want to attach my personal 1Password account with my work/team account. Should I have attached the two accounts together? I used 2 different emails to create 2 different accounts. Can this be reversed? Is it advisable? How do I go from one account to the other on my desktop if they are separate logins? Please tell me the most efficient and easiest way to utilize 1password for "personal and teams".
Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• RafaelS
    RafaelS
    1Password Alumni

Hello Crystal,
    You can have multiple team accounts in your 1Password for Mac,
    You would just need to add the second account (business one). Having two separate accounts will help you keep your personal items completely separate from your business items.
    The method you have done is what I do for my work and personal teams accounts.

• crystal_johnson
    crystal_johnson
    Community Member

How do I add the business one to my existing personal 1Password account?

• @crystal_johnson You could simply add multiple accounts to the Mac app

• crystal_johnson
    crystal_johnson
    Community Member

Ok Got it!
    Thank you so much. Everything seems to be working just great now!

• @crystal_johnson On behalf of Roustem, you're most welcome. Let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• toddca
    toddca
    Community Member

So how do you do this same thing with a Windows client. I have my personal account, and we have setup a team account however I cannot figure how how to join the team account and I am the administrator.

• Hi, @toddca, and welcome to our forum!

Are you using the 1Password app for Windows 10? It's currently in beta and available for free on the Windows Store. If you're using the current 1Password 4 for Windows, it does not currently support team accounts, unfortunately. We're working on an updated desktop client for Windows 7 and up, but it's not quite ready yet.

• toddca
    toddca
    Community Member

Hey Rob, Yea I am on 1P for Windows version 4.6. While I am on Windows 10 I am only a desktop user and in fact have never installed anything from the Windows Store - not a fan. Other than a couple of folks (whom run Mac) my entire team is on Windows 7/10. Bummer all your love is going to Mac here - I guess we will have to wait.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@toddca: I'm sorry that you (and I!) have to wait for the 1Password for Windows desktop app to support 1Password for Teams/Families. It's not for lack of love, but it was important that we start small at first as we built everything initially for 1Password for Teams. Building all of the apps alongside that from day one would have meant a lot of extra work in each app when we needed to change something. Thanks for your patience. We're working hard every day to get the Windows app(s) ready for everyone. :)

This discussion has been closed.