Personal and Shared vaults

nosnhojm
nosnhojm
Community Member

I'd like to see the ability to disable these. It is confusing to non-advanced users (my spouse). I created one vault for each family member, with other family members having permission to view (and unfortunately write) each other's vaults. The personal and shared vaults confuse this workflow as my wife doesn't know whether her passwords are stored in Personal, her vault (her name), or Shared. I don't want her using the Personal vault as then I wouldn't have access to the stuff she puts there.

I may be an edge case in the way I want to use this though.

Comments

• Hi @nosnhojm,

If the feedback we've received here is representative I think it is fair to say that there are a number of folks who want this. :) We've received a fair amount of comments that, especially for children under the age of 18, parents want to be able to at least view what they are adding to all of their vaults.

While this is not currently possible, it is certainly something we can consider for the future.

Ben

• RowdyRoddy1618
    RowdyRoddy1618
    Community Member

I'll echo the sentiment! As a parent, I would very much like to be able to disable any personal vaults for my children's profiles. Both my wife and I want complete insight into all of their computer/online activities.

I've been using 1Password for a few years now, and it's been wonderful. I have three young kids, the oldest of which is entering the second grade soon and I find us singing her up for more and more online accounts. Again, 1Password for families has been great.

Please allow parents to disable "personal" vaults for their children.

• Thanks for the feedback, @RowdyRoddy1618.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.