keylogger on public computer

Options
efluxa
efluxa
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Lounge

Hello,

I found 1password today. I've been using password depot 7 since 2010. It was good however the new versions are bad, so it's time to leave and find another solution.i have a few questions about 1password everywhere featute.
I couldn't read the whole guide about it because I couldn't open it.

Lets's say I have to go somewhere without my stuffs. I have dropbox account and I synced the 1password file.
If I have to use public computer like library, net cafe, friend etc how ir works?
For example I know only the dropbox psw and my master psw but nothing else, so I need the stored passwords in 1password.
My dropbox psw is 123 and my master psw is abc. The compouter I use is infected by a keylogger. In this case if I enter my drpbox psw to acces into my passwords the kaylogger will record it. Another problem if I use the master password to acces the 1password anywhere feature the keylogger will record that too right? I read that the file is a html file and without the program is not protected.
am I wrong, or is there a feature that is protect without the 1password program itself?

Thank you.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @efluxa,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

The short answer is that 1PasswordAnywhere is dead. It was designed for a different time and a different purpose than what it was being used for as of late, and it just simply isn't a good solution for today's problems. We no longer recommend using it, and newly created keychains do not contain it.

Why is 1PasswordAnywhere not loading? [1PasswordAnywhere is dead] - AgileBits Support Forum

The slightly longer answer is that if you use a computer that is infected with malware there is really no way to securely login using that computer. There is nothing we or any password manager can do to enable secure logins from a compromised computer. So, again, we cannot really recommend logging into your accounts from public computers. For the most part there is no way to know what is running on these computers, or even what hardware logging might be happening. The safest way to access your accounts is from your own uncompromised devices.

I'm sorry there isn't a better answer to this problem, but that is unfortunately the nature of public access computers.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.