Basic iPad question...

baloophi
baloophi
Community Member
Remember: There are no stupid questions... right?
Greetings!

I recently purchased 1Password with the family package for both Macbooks in the family and we're enjoying it! Way to go!

Time for the stupid question...

My wife also has an iPad which we're planning on taking with us on a trip as our only machine. Can you run 1Password on the iPad for two different users, or is that sorcery?

If we can, what do we need to get it up and running, and will we each need two different accounts between the Macbook and the iPad? i.e. - will 1Password on the iPad sync with our 1Password accounts on the Mac?

Confused,
Matt

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited June 2011
    baloophi wrote:

Greetings!

I recently purchased 1Password with the family package for both Macbooks in the family and we're enjoying it! Way to go!

Time for the stupid question...

My wife also has an iPad which we're planning on taking with us on a trip as our only machine. Can you run 1Password on the iPad for two different users, or is that sorcery?

If we can, what do we need to get it up and running, and will we each need two different accounts between the Macbook and the iPad? i.e. - will 1Password on the iPad sync with our 1Password accounts on the Mac?

Confused,
    Matt

As long as both of your iOS devices are using 1P purchased from the Apple app store then you can use it on as many devices as Apple allows and or you have. Looks like you need to head to the app store and purchase 1Password, the Pro version works on the iPhone and the iPad, then there is the iPad version which only works on the iPad and the Standard which only works on the iPhone. So if you ever want to add an iPhone etc, it may be your best bet to purchase the Pro version.

The iPad as far as I know doesn't allow users, so there is only one user.

You can sync the iPad via wifi and or Dropbox,

Personally Dropbox is my personal recommendation. http://help.agile.ws...th_dropbox.html

Alternatively : No purchase required

You may also be interested in 1Password anywhere. It will not open in mobile Safari but there are some alternative browsers that will open the file. http://help.agilebit...rdanywhere.html

1Passwordanywhere can be access via the Dropbox website.

On a personal note, be sure to use a secure wifi connection on your travel.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    To clarify Tommy's post, you can run both "1Password for iPad" and "1Password Pro" (two separate apps) on a single iPad if you need to connect to two different 1Password data files located in two different Dropbox accounts.

If you share a single data file in a singe Dropbox account, you can just sync that with 1Password (whichever version) on your iPad.

The Pro version is identical to the special edition created just for the iPad. The Pro version just adds iPhone capability as well. Its like buying 1Password for iPad and 1Password for iPhone in a single app. (Apple calls them universal apps.)

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We are always here to help!
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited June 2011
    khad wrote:

To clarify Tommy's post, you can run both "1Password for iPad" and "1Password Pro" (two separate apps) on a single iPad if you need to connect to two different 1Password data files located in two different Dropbox accounts.

DANG it you got me again, Sorry baloophi

All I remember is posts when folks were trying to run 2 instances on one device causing issues specifically there iPhone. I want go into details but you guys must have fixed it....

Oh well here you have to be agile... Just wish I could transfer some of khad's brain power down here.

Thats twice in one night khad, ROFL ...... also added to the old noodles filing cabinet.
This discussion has been closed.