Synching Problem: After I enter Master Password to unlock, it starts to synch and does not stop.

When I try to unlock 1Password on Menu Bar by entering Master Password, it stars "synching 1, 2....." and today it went up to more than 2000. When I click my desktop or other window, the window Unlock disappears and I have to start the same sequence all over again when I try to unlock. Which means 1Password on Menu bar is unusable. I can still open 1Password application. Appreciate your help.m Also When I try to upgrade, I get a error message.

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.3
Sync Type: File
Referrer: forum-search:Synching Problem: After I enter Master Password to unlock, it starts to synch and does not stop.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@masakiasaoka: First, whatever you do, don't delete anything from the browser. It sounds like you may be using the wrong version of the extension, but since you didn't provide that information at the bottom of your post I don't have any way of knowing for certain.

The upgrade error you're getting is because 1Password 3.8.21 is very old, and we've made changes to the update server in the intervening years. It simply doesn't know how to talk to it anymore. You'll need to download a fresh copy of 1Password 3 from the AgileBits website and replace your current copy with it.

Finally, do you have all of your data in the main 1Password app currently? Or is there some you saved in the browser that isn't showing up in your vault? Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• masakiasaoka
    masakiasaoka
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply. Downloaded the newest version and that took care of the problem. Thanks again for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.