Passwords are revealed

Options
DxR_
DxR_
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have the settings option to conceal passwords in 1p for Win10, however I'm finding it to be a mixed bag as to whether it functions as intended. Some of my passwords are conceal, many are not.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling the option to conceal, however it has no effect.

What gives?

I would show you a screenshot, but apparently it can't find any of my vaults, even though I'm logged into my family account. The only options it gives me there is to sign out or get the emergency kit.

1Password Version: Windows 10 beta
Extension Version: 2016.2.1500
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• @DxR_ that sounds like 2 bugs in one! Let's fix them :) Can you please click "Call for help" button, it will open your registered email client and attach logs that you can send to us. Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you think of it in time, @DxR_, please include a link to this forum thread in your message to us, so we can tie them together.

Thanks!

• DxR_
    DxR_
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay. Only back at that computer now. I'm trying to do the 'Call for Help'. The button is clicking, but it's not doing any actions.

• @DxR_ what mail client do you have configured - Mail from Windows 10 or Outlook desktop app? We suspect that Outlook fails to do attachments, but never got a confirmation yet.

• DxR_
    DxR_
    Community Member
    Options

I don't currently use a desktop email client on this computer.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see, @DxR_ — you'll need one in order to send us the log files, and Mail is the one we know works.

We'll be watching for a message from you, ideally including a link to this forum thread (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/59096/).

Thanks so much for your help!

• @DxR_ no mail client? Plan B then! Please click Settings\Help\More\Open crashes folder and send to support+windowsmodern@agilebits.com files from that folder + file "live log.txt" from it's parent folder. Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for sending the activity log, @DxR_!

ref: BKY-99144-666

• RandomMarius
    RandomMarius
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, so it's been a month, and I for one still see that almost all my passwords are just brazenly revealed.

I've copied all my password items from my previous vaults... I think this is all that needs to be done to reproduce this (critical) bug.

This bug would leave me red-faced... I can't understand why this one does not get higher priority considering the nature of the product,

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RandomMarius, is there any pattern that might identify which passwords are obscured (when the Conceal Passwords option is enabled) and which passwords are not?

For example, is the problem that password fields in one type of item are obscured, but password fields in other item types are not?

Or, is the problem that only the field designated as "The Password" (in a Login item) are obscured, but other fields you've added and marked as being of the "password" type are not?

We'd like to figure out what's happening and get things straightened out, so we really appreciate any help you can give us that might point us in the right direction.

Thanks very much!

• RandomMarius
    RandomMarius
    Community Member
    Options

At a quick glance, almost all of my items are revealed.

All of them are named "Password", but when editing them only the ones that are obscured shows with a strength indicator. Thus they might not really be recorded as passwords somehow.

All of this worked on previous versions and also the same vault works on my Mac...

Not to mention the fact when they are actually hidden, and I click on the password box (not on the "Reveal" link) the default behavior was to blast it to everyone around me in the office... in big letters on the screen. Thanks for that! (Please change this to default to copy to the clipboard rather!!!)

• @RandomMarius can you please drop a line at support+windowsmodern@agilebits.com with link to this thread, I'd like to confirm some of my findings about this issue and it's best to do it by email. I believe we have identified and fixed that reveal logic. Fix is included in coming update, but the update itself is delayed due to other blocking issue that some people are facing. Anyways, I'd really like to confirm that we have made fix that will work for you. Thanks!

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In the latest release of the Windows 10 Beta app, we fixed the password being revealed bug that many of you reported. We had a tough time replicating it but were able to fix it with your help @RandomMarius and @DxR_.

We take all reports of bugs, issues, and feature requests very seriously and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. So from the bottom of our hearts, thank you for joining us on this ride and helping us build a better app!

This discussion has been closed.