Username Display Not Updating in List

RonHeiby
RonHeiby
Community Member

I'm in the process of installing the current Beta on my Android devices (Nexus 6, Nexus 7, and Pixel C). (I have been using the late December version, having missed the Email.)

I started with the Nexus 6, moved on to the Nexus 7. After those were set up and sync'd, I updated a Login record on my Mac, changing the username field.

Then, I installed onto the Pixel C.

Now, the Pixel C shows in the listing of logins my new username below the name of the login record. However, both of the Nexus 6 and 7 are still showing the old username in that place. This is the case even though I have successfully sync'd each of them, and tapping to display the record correctly shows the new username. It's just on the page that lists all the logins that is "stuck" showing the old username.

This persists over multiple syncs and over a complete exit and vault unlock.

1Password Version: 6.2b3 (20160310)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 6.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @RonHeiby. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with syncing. Let's see what's going on here.

I've tested this out on my end, and the username change synced right over to my Nexus. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android devices and your Mac:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---Mac---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member

Done. I don't think this is a sync issue. I think it is an issue related to the new code that displays the username value on the list of logins. The detail view of the record shows the sync'd data. It's just that the username displayed on the list of Logins continues to show the old username.

• Hey @RonHeiby. I'm not seeing the reports. Did you send them from a different email address?

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member

Just double-checked. Same Email address. One Email with both reports. Subject "Username Display Not Updating in List", sent to support+android@agilebits.com.

• Hmm...that's strange. I'm not seeing any diagnostics reports from you, @RonHeiby. Can you try sending them again please? Thanks!

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member

Sent again just now, as a reply to the previous.

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member

UIZ-54816-257

• Thanks! We were able to locate your email. :)

• I think I am able to see this issue in rare cases on my device. Could you confirm if the username is updated in the list after you exit 1Password (close from Recents) and relaunch it?

This discussion has been closed.