Importing from SafeWallet

Hi,

Moved job so have moved from a blackberry to a iphone. I used safewallet on my BB but in moving to an iphone I note they do not support automatic syncing via drop box. Keen on your product however all my files are stored in safe wallet.

Is there is some common standard that I can export from safewallet in that will allow me use in your product without manually entering everything again?

Thanks

Comments

• bswins
    edited June 2011
    Hello doleawg and welcome to the Forums!

Your question comes up frequently, and I believe Stu answers it best in the following post: CSV Import Records

Regarding a common standard, 1Password's data import help guide provides more details:

1P for Mac: Importing Data into 1P4 Mac

1P for Windows: Importing Data into 1P4Windows

Please take a look at these articles and respond with any questions you may have.

We would love to have you as a new member of the 1Password family, but I know you want to the transition to be as painless as possible.

You may consider downloading a 30-day free trial version of the desktop platform you use and try some test imports. This will give you an opportunity to make sure your data is imported the way you want/need without taking any financial risk.

Please respond back with your experience. We'll do our best to solve any problems, and I'm sure your results will help others in a similar situation.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Thanks, shall go have a play and report back.
  • Great!

Thanks for your willingness to give it a go.

I look forward to hearing your results.
  • bswins wrote:

Great!

Thanks for your willingness to give it a go.

I look forward to hearing your results.

Didn't work sorry. I can export as a txt file and when I tried to import after I picked the file i got a small screen asking me to fill in bits of info but I couldn't do anything with the screen. That make sense?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Could you please take a screenshot so that we can see the problem?

You can take a screenshot in Mac OS X by pressing Command-Shift-3. This will take a picture of your screen and save it to your Desktop.

In Windows XP, you can take a screenshot by pressing the Print or PrtScn key. It is usually located near the upper right of your keyboard. This will put the screenshot into your clipboard. Then open the Paint application, create a new image, and press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot into it. Then save the image file to your Desktop.

In Windows Vista or 7, you can use the snipping tool to take a screenshot. Then save it to your Desktop.

Please attach the image to a reply to this message.

Thanks!
  • doleawg
    edited June 2011
    khad wrote:

Could you please take a screenshot so that we can see the problem?

You can take a screenshot in Mac OS X by pressing Command-Shift-3. This will take a picture of your screen and save it to your Desktop.

In Windows XP, you can take a screenshot by pressing the Print or PrtScn key. It is usually located near the upper right of your keyboard. This will put the screenshot into your clipboard. Then open the Paint application, create a new image, and press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot into it. Then save the image file to your Desktop.

In Windows Vista or 7, you can use the snipping tool to take a screenshot. Then save it to your Desktop.

Please attach the image to a reply to this message.

Thanks!

Image attached. Can't get past this pop up box?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Have you already tried mapping the fields in the CSV to the correct fields in 1Password by selecting them from the dropdown menus?
  • khad wrote:

Have you already tried mapping the fields in the CSV to the correct fields in 1Password by selecting them from the dropdown menus?

I can only export as an .xml file or .txt file. And the txt file is just a long list so getting it into columns is impossible?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Unfortunately, if the SafeWallet does not export to the industry standard CSV format, it may not be possible to import it at this time. :S

Try contacting SBSH Software, makers of SafeWallet, for more information on SafeWallet's export capabilities.

Please let me know what you find out.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.