Confirm email address; not accepted. Noticed error; no way to correct, what now?

Options
Bob54
Bob54
Community Member

I'm trying to get help re setting up a family account for my wife and myself. Was asked to confirm email address and failed to notice an error. Now going around in circles because I'm given no chance to correct the error.

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.5.4
OS Version: OS 10.9.5 and 10.8.5
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:I was asked to confirm my email address which I did; when not accepted, noticed an error but no way

Comments

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bob54!

I'm sorry about that! If you try to sign up again, it should work for you; signups have a pretty limited lifespan and need to be confirmed pretty quickly. Maybe that's the trouble you encountered.

Please let us know if you have any more difficulty so we can figure out what's going awry :)

• Bob54
    Bob54
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Backing up: Below is the message I received when I registered for an account at Agile Bits Support Form. Notice the 'You' at the end of my email address below. That was erroneously tacked onto my address by your auto reply, apparently, and I did not notice it before I clicked the link (last line) to confirm my address, which was subsequently rejected as invalid. You've been sending me around in circles ever since. I love 1Password and have been using it since September 2012. Your support form, though, has not been at all helpful…I would think with the brainpower that has gone into developing 1Password, you could somehow simplify the support side of things.

Welcome Aboard!

Hello Bob54! You have successfully registered for an account at AgileBits Support Forum. Find your account information below.

Username: Bob54

Email: **xxxx@xxxx.comYou** need to confirm your email address before you can continue.

Confirm My Email Address: https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/emailconfirm/xxxx/xxxx

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @Bob54,

I'm sorry for the confusion, and thank you for clarifying that you were talking about confirming your email address for the support forum, rather than for 1Password Families.

I can see that you are able to successfully post here in the forum, and that the email address associated with your username does not include "You" after the ".com", so it seems to me that you're now properly registered. To protect your privacy here in this public forum, I've edited the email address in your post.

I believe what you're seeing is a display issue with the text in the email, but it doesn't seem to have affected your login information at all.

So now let's get to the reason you came here in the first place. :)

I'm trying to get help re setting up a family account for my wife and myself.

We'll be happy to help you with this. I see in the version info on your original post that you're using 1Password 4 on OS X 10.8 and 10.9. Families support was added in 1Password 6, which requires OS X 10.10 or higher. Are you able to update OS X on your Macs?

This discussion has been closed.