I paid £7.99 for the iPhone app, then I discovered the family subscription

Options
dannstarr
dannstarr
Community Member

I am a very new user, and I like what I see (mostly!! although there is a lot of confusion!) I first downloaded the free version of the app on my iPhone - then when I decided the app was a keeper, I paid the £7.99. I then discover that there is a subscription option so that the whole family can use it, so I decided that would be my preferred option, and so I signed up for that - (I think?) it says $5 a month, but I can't see how I pay?

Anyway - I then read that my monthly subscription includes me being able to use the apps, so does that mean I needn't have paid the £7.99? and if so, now I am subscribed (i'd like that confirming too) can I get a refund?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@dannstarr-

it says $5 a month, but I can't see how I pay?

It doesnt tell you how to pay because the payment process hasn't been set up yet. You will eventually be asked for a credit card, but enjoy using it for free in the meantime. Do t worry - you can be sure you'll get notice.

can I get a refund?

As to a refund for your in-app purchase for the iOS Pro features is concerned, only Apple can give refunds for purchases from their stores, so you will need to ask them. But to the best of my knowledge, Apple doesn't ever refund in-app purchases. But I would encourage you to pursue it with them and let us know how it goes.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dannstarr: Sorry for the confusion! hawkmoth is correct: billing hasn't yet begun for 1Password for Families, so you're free to use it...well, for free. We'll let you know when you can add your billing information, but even after that you'l receive a credit as part of the early adopter bonuses. But unfortunately I don't know that it is possible to get refunds for App Store purchases, though Apple would really be the last word on that. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.