Little Snitch blocked my vault sync

Options
guillaumeserton
guillaumeserton
Community Member

Hello,

Can you let me know what protocol you are using to sync the vault?
I have little snitch on my OSX and never had an issue with 1P before i switch to Family.

I have a rule which let 1P to communicate over HTTPS (443) and TCP (6) to any server.

Issue detected if i enable little snitch.
Cannot add a family account into my 1P for OSX (Error Message : The request time out).
Sync between 1P for OSX and Cloud cannot run (if i create a new login, it never appears on another device and cloud).

1Password Version: 6.1 (610006)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.3
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Spinacle: I'm afraid I'm confused by the question. It sounds like you're receiving an error about iCloud Sync, but you asked about 1Password for Families. 1Password for Families does not use iCloud in any way. Are you trying to use 1Password for Families, iCloud, or both separately? And be sure to let me know the exact steps you're taking when you're running into this issue.

In my experience, Little Snitch gives a lot of information about what apps are trying to connect and how, so you should be able to simply unblock whatever 1Password is trying to do on your behalf. Let me know what you find! :)

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi,
    It's not at all about icloud sync :)
    I used the word "sync" meaning i created a login locally and i will be transfered on cloud to my family account.

I'm sure it was littlesnitch who blocked the communication because till i disabled it, my family account was added to my OSX client and on my another test, my login created previsouly locally was immediately available on cloud so also available and added to another device.

My concerns with littlesnitch and Families account communication is that LittleSnitch doesn't catch it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Spinacle,

I too use LittleSnitch and I have a single rule that covers my Teams/Families accounts which is allow TCP on port 443 (HTTPS) to domain 1password.com. That one rule has always allowed everything through and in fact port 443 is the only port 1Password has rules for at all, covering updating, WatchTower and rich icons.

Is it possible you have a (global) deny rule at all that might be catching something?

I've just tested by removing my Teams account and re-adding it, everything went smoothly and my vaults were all added back after their removal. That one rule seems to cover all communications.

Just to clarify though, all the important rules are associated with 1Password mini which is the brains of 1Password while the 1Password application is merely a window onto the data supplied to it by 1Password mini. I just thought I'd add that just in case it turns out to be an important piece of data.

I don't know if anything here helps at all, I hope something springs out and allows you to get things going again :smile:

This discussion has been closed.