App crashes when I try to add an existing OneDrive vault

hartungstenio
hartungstenio
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I had 1Password Alpha installed and working on my Lumia 930 with Windows Phone 8.1.
Last week I updated my phone to Windows 10 (final release), and 1Password got updated to the beta version.

Now, if I try to open 1Password, I see the initial screen asking me to log in. I select "Already have 1Password data somewhere else?", and go to the "Where is your data?" screen. If I choose either OneDrive or Dropbox, the app closes.

As far as the Windows Store tells me, I'm using the latest version.

Using Windows Mobile 10, in pt-BR.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows Mobile 10
Sync Type: OneDrive
Referrer: forum-search:App crashes when I try to add an existing OneDrive vault

Comments

• @hartungstenio that is definitely not an expected behavior, please run op://help link in your browser, it will open app directly at Help page, there you can click Support\Email 3 days logs to send us crash logs so we can investigate. Thanks in advance!

• hartungstenio
    hartungstenio
    Community Member

App exception 0x800700b7: System.Exception: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. (Excep_FromHResult 0x800700B7)!

Strange, since I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

• Yes, this is strange, first of all there are no files involved in OneDrive authentication from app point of view and just to be sure I've checked all places where we open files or folders - we always have either "replace existing" or "create new" behavior. What version of Windows 10 Mobile are you using?

• hartungstenio
    hartungstenio
    Community Member

I plugged my phone to my computer and sent my .agilekeychain to it's Documents folder via USB. Using 1Password on my phone, I was able to open this vault choosing to open a local file.

Then I tried to add OneDrive or Dropbox using the app (Hamburger menu >_< -> Join a Team or add Vaults -> Sign in to Dropbox or Sign in to OneDrive). The app seems to try to open something (probably the browser), then goes back to the same point I was.

The error:

#Resumed. (0.00 sec)
    Task exception 0x80131500: System.AggregateException: TaskExceptionHolder_UnhandledException ---> System.Exception: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. (Excep_FromHResult 0x800700B7)
       at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x329115
       at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x329317
       at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x3292c5
       at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x32927d
       at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x2bcea1
       at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x80af61
       Exception_EndOfInnerExceptionStack
    ---> AggregateException_InnerExceptionSystem.Exception: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. (Excep_FromHResult 0x800700B7)
       at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x329115
       at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x329317
       at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x3292c5
       at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x32927d
       at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x2bcea1
       at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x80af61<---
    !
    Saving log messages: 640.

Hope it helps

• @hartungstenio so you didn't get a chance to enter your OneDrive user name/password? We use web authenticator (system component based on Edge browser I believe) to sign in to OneDrive/Dropbox.

• hartungstenio
    hartungstenio
    Community Member

Nope.

There were just a "blink".
    An animation like if a new app were launching, but it's just a black screen, then an animation of a closing app, and I'm back to 1Password.

• That is something to do about web authenticator launching a browser to do it's job. Can you please make sure you have phone updates installed, reboot phone and try again?

• hartungstenio
    hartungstenio
    Community Member

Everything updated. Just to be sure, I uninstalled 1password, turned my phone off, turned it on again, installed 1password.

Same error :'(

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

@hartungstenio I know you're trying to sync your onedrive vault, but just out of curiosity, what happens when you try to add a dropbox account? Can you give it a try?

• hartungstenio
    hartungstenio
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

@mohamedosman I already tried. The exact same thing happens.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

@hartungstenio can you try setting your phone to airplane mode, then attempt to sign into dropbox/onedrive again?

I'm still trying to track down what's causing this issue and see if there's anything we can do to help. As @SergeyTheAgile said, that new window that is launching is system component that is largely out of our control. I'll continue to contact you here with any updates.

• hartungstenio
    hartungstenio
    Community Member

Hello.

I did a factory reset today, and everything is working now. I think it was some problem with my phone and the update to Windows 10. I don't know.

The only thing I've noticed is that the "Authorization screen", that asking me for permissions for 1Password to access my account show "1Password Alpha", not "Beta". This may be something with your registration on OneDrive's development site.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

@hartungstenio that's great to hear! It's really hard to tell what was causing the problem because it's coming from the OS, but I'm glad you got it working and I really appreciate you telling how you did it.

This discussion has been closed.