2 step login does not work

Options

I bought 1Password today and I am trying to understand how this works. I've searched the support DB and can find all sorts of similar things, but not what I am looking for.

All my bank accounts work the same way:

Step 1: Username
Step 2: Password
Step 3: Press or whatever
Then I receive a SMS with a code
Step 4: Then it goes to a second page where I have to enter that code.

No matter what I do, 1Password will always enter the Username, the Password, go to the second page and THEN ENTER Username again where the code should be (in stead of waiting for me to punch in the SMS code myself) and then I need to log in again, because - of course - the code was wrong.

I want 1Password to enter Username, then Password then press Enter and then wait for me to enter the code.

What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: ug:ios/, kb-search:sms login bank, ug:mac/, kb-search:text message login, kb-search:share item ios.html

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @christians,

I hope you don't mind but I've moved your post to our Saving and Filling in Browsers section of our forums.

So you load up the first page and you use 1Password to fill. I'm guessing you have Automatically submit Logins after filling enabled but you're saying 1Password is attempting to fill data into the next loaded page without requiring any interaction from yourself? It certainly shouldn't be doing that, it should only be attempting to fill a page if you've actioned it.

Can I ask the following please.

1. What browser you are using and what version do you have?
    2. Which version of the 1Password extension is installed? The page may not seem appropriate but it will show you how to find the installed version in each of the main browsers if you zip through to the section for your preferred browser.
  • christians
    christians
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your anser: I use firefox 45.0.1.
    The plugin version installed is 4.5.5.
    I expect this thing to
    1. fill the red text in Username
    2. fill the green text in Password
    3. Press login
    4. Wait for me to go from there.
    In stead it goes a step further and enters the red text in the RSA SecurID again and presses Enter/Login again, so the whole procedure is a failure.

• christians
    christians
    Community Member
    Options

I just noticed that it works properly on my Mac OSX 10.11.3 Using Firefox 45.0.1 and 1Password Plugin 4.5.5 BUT NOT on my Windows 7 PC using Firefox 45.0.1 and 1Password plugin 4.5.5. And it seems to work on Windows 7 PC using Chrome 49.0.2623.87 and 1Password plugin 4.5.5.90... Seems like it's time to change to chrome then... :/
    Therefore this seems to be a bug in the Firefox for Windows Plugin 4.5.5 only.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @christians,

Thank you for all of the information and testing you've done. I did wonder about the Windows screenshot for a moment but then your posts made everything clear. We don't have separate Windows and OS X extensions so what we need to do is figure out what's happening and why there seems to be a platform specific issue.

While not ideal, if you turn off submit after filling for this one item (there is the global setting but it can also be turned off for individual items) does that at least stop the login submitting? This is only a short-term solution of course, we need to figure out what is going on.

This discussion has been closed.