unable to select 1password vault

Options
macgeek21
macgeek21
Community Member

i am unable to setup 1password with my android phone. it works fine with my iPhone and mac. the problem is i select the 1password vault location in dropbox but it says "a 1password vault wasn't found in this location. please check you have the correct location." it is the correct location i can see the folder that says 1password.opvault. i click that and it goes to a folder that says default when i click that thats when i get the error message.

i do not want reset my 1password. it works fine with all of my other devices iPhone, macbook pro, iPad and a windows pc. dropbox is syncing my vault so I'm not sure why the 1password for android app can't find it when i point right at it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android 6.0.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:vault android, kb:dropbox-error-vault-not-found, ug:android/existing-user, kb:starting-over

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@macgeek21: Sorry of the confusion! 1Password for Android cannot currently read the OPVault format, though it's something we'll be adding in a future update. For now, you can either use Wi-Fi Sync to transfer your data to 1Password for Android from 1Password for Mac, or use the AgileKeychain format instead:

Current sync options in 1Password for Android

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions! :)

• macgeek21
    macgeek21
    Community Member
    Options

i hope this feature is added soon. if i switch to the agilekeychain format does that limit any functionality? do i lose anything?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

i hope this feature is added soon.

@macgeek21: We're working on it. :)

if i switch to the agilekeychain format does that limit any functionality? do i lose anything?

As for losing functionality, the apps handle that, so it's the same regardless of the format you use (except that 1Password for Android can't read OPVault). And AgileKeychain supports the same categories and customizable data as well.

That said, if you'd prefer to save yourself the trouble of migrating, as I mentioned earlier, you can use Wi-Fi Sync instead. Let me know if I can be of any assistance! :)

This discussion has been closed.