One-Click Logins for Passwords in Vaults Using Teams

Options
kerrym
kerrym
Community Member

Prior to Teams when using a single Primary Vault, I created a script that, using one-click login URLs would open and auto-login multiple websites, with a delay to allow the 1Password process to effectively work.

I updated the URLs to the new URLs that seam to reflect multiple vaults, but the auto-login (i.e. the underlying one-click link) no longer seems to work.

To obtain the URL, I drag the 1P login to the desktop and then get the URL from that link.

Although this is a simpler version of the script than what I use, for simplicity, this produces the result and has fewer variables to troubleshoot:

tell application "Safari" to activate
tell application "Safari"
open location "https://www.example1.com/?onepasswdfill=yhnd6rshmnfn7hjnl2nh345jmq&onepasswdvault=2yfdxkouv54wzpsnhgarvqwbyy"
delay 4
open location "https://www.example2.com/page/login/goHome?onepasswdfill=zyh5wafqyvdcfdh6evmkf2qxvi&onepasswdvault=2yfdxkouv54wzpsnhgarvqwbyy"
delay 4
open location "http://www.example3.com?onepasswdfill=ep3u5miinve3fne4ckqjrlbymi&onepasswdvault=2yfdxkouv54wzpsnhgarvqwbyy"
end tell

Also, if I just paste the URL into Safari, with the 1P Browser Extension activated/logged-in, it does not work.

Although the script revealed the issue to me, I don't think it's the actual issue, but rather something about the one-click link, but I thought I'd provide just the same.

I've replaced the actual URLs I use with example1,2,3, for the above but the remainder of the link is accurate to allow you to diagnose.

Running 1Password for OS X Version 6.2.BETA-7 (620007) and using Browser Extension in Safari 4.5.5.b3

Perhaps I'm missing something simple, but wanted to pass along.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kerrym
    kerrym
    Community Member
    Options

To clarify, by "it doesn't work" I mean to say that the URL resolves to the correct address and after load, strips everything after the ? in the URL, but it does not fill in and does not "submit" (replicate a click on the submit button). Sorry for any confusion.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @kerrym,

Thanks for reporting this. Are any of the URLs in your script for Login items that had been copied/moved to a Team vault from your Primary vault? And what happens if you try to open and fill with one of those Team vault Login items directly from 1Password instead of from your script?

I'm not sure why it's not working for you, but testing I've done to try reproducing it led to those questions after getting some puzzling results. Hopefully the answers will help to isolate where the trouble is. Thanks in advance!

• kerrym
    kerrym
    Community Member
    Options

All of the logins in question came over from a Primary Vault. For these logins, the "open and fill" works as well as double-clicking the WEBLOC shortcut that is created by dragging to the desktop. Pasting the URL (or using via a script does not work).

I created a new login in my Personal Vault on Teams, and it works "open and fill", double-clicking the WEBLOC shortcut AND pasting the URL AND using via a script.

And then it got weird....I retested the original URLs via pasting and script, and they all work now. I'll test more a little later and see if I can re-create the conditions that produced the original result.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @kerrym,

The symptoms you've described sounds very similar to what I'd reproduced here. Basically, using open and fill with an item from a Team vault that was copied from the Primary vault can, in some cases, fail to work properly. This was happening when I first started testing after reading your post, and then a bit later it began working as mysteriously as when it wasn't.

And then it got weird....

No kidding! :lol:

I'll test more a little later and see if I can re-create the conditions that produced the original result.

And we'll keep trying to figure it out here.

One thing I found is when open and fill was failing with an item it would work fine with a duplicate of that item.

Your help with solving this puzzle is appreciated; thanks!

• kerrym
    kerrym
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, the same behavior also appears to apply when using the 1P Safari Extension. For instance, if you search for a login and select one for a login/tab that is not open, it does not appear to do anything. If I recall correctly, the expected response was that it opened a new tab (or perhaps replaced the existing tab) with the URL and then logs in. Now it does nothing. No new tab. No updated tab. Just closes the window menu for the extension upon clicking. Just passing along. Probably all interconnected, but perhaps another avenue for troubleshooting. Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

Yep, I also noticed that symptom when selecting one of the 'confused' items for Go & Fill in 1Password mini (with or without going through the extension). The initial 'Go' would silently fail, never even getting an attempt to 'Fill'. Thanks for confirming this misbehavior. I'm still looking for a way, and digging deeper, to reliably reproduce the issue. Not yet certain it's specific to Team vaults; I'm pretty sure it's randomly happened for me with items in my Primary vault.

This discussion has been closed.