How to delete Primary vault in iOS

Options
MortalWombatUK
MortalWombatUK
Community Member

Hello,

I have set my family up with 1Password for Families and have their vaults all set up. The Mac client is also set up correctly for each user, (by correctly, I mean I have removed their old Primary vaults and they can only see their Personal and Shared Family vaults).
I am struggling to achieve this in the iOS version though. I have deleted the App, removed data from iCloud (where they were syncing to prior to the Families implementation) and re-installed the app, setting it up immediately with the Teams (Families) sign in. It is still showing a redundant Primary vault though? Is there no way to remove this? Its not doing any harm, but I would rather remove it for when I come to explain what I have been doing to everyones 1Password setups! The presence of this redundant vault will only add to their potential confusion!

Thanks,

Mark

1Password Version: 6.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 9.1.2
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• Vijendra
    Vijendra
    Community Member
    Options

Just reinstall the app on iOS. Once you launch the app after the reinstall, just sign in using your families account and you are done.

• MortalWombatUK
    MortalWombatUK
    Community Member
    Options

Understood, this is what I did (see above), but the redundant Primary vault is still created. Thanks for suggestion, but issue remains!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @MortalWombatUK,

1Password for iOS cannot run, currently, without a Primary vault. The process @Vijendra described is as close as you can get. This is something that will be improved in the (hopefully near) future.

Thanks.

Ben

• MortalWombatUK
    MortalWombatUK
    Community Member
    Options

OK, just wanted to make sure that was not missing anything obvious.

Thanks for the speedy feedback.

• Ben
    Options

You're most welcome. :)

Ben

• face
    face
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Yes, please, add a way to delete primary vault in iOS.
    Moving to Family makes no more necessary primary vault ...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@face: We're on it! As I mentioned earlier, we have "Teams/Families-only" in beta currently in 1Password for iOS. Provided we don't run into any issues with that, you'll see it in the App Store once testing is complete. Cheers! :)

• face
    face
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty : thanks for the update.
    I've resent a mail at betasignup@agilebits.com to verify why my user name is not anymore on the list of your beta tester.
    I'd like to test this new feature asap :)

• Ben
    Options

I don't see any messages from the email address you used to register for the forums in our inbox. Did you get an automated reply from BitBot with a support ID? If not, we didn't receive your email. If you did, please post that ID here. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.