Can't install Safari browser extension. Using OS 10.11.3 / 6.0.2 Website app download

When I go into safari extensions and select 1 password it says its installed but I don't have the icon in the browser for easy access. I tried installing Safari browser extension and keep getting an error. (guessing because its already installed?) Is there a way to remove and reinstall? I have both password mini turned on and the show mini app selected in preferences. OS system preferences are set correctly to permit apps downloaded from anywhere. I get an "an error occurred while installing your extension.) Any suggestions? Is it a bug?

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb-search:browser extension isn't working, kb-search:browser extension install isn't working in safari, kb:ios-extension-faq

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @shanrod. First, I will say that the software preference to allow apps from anywhere is not one I would recommend. Most reputable software is going to be properly signed by identified developers, so the middle option of "Mac App Store and identified developers" is the preferred way to get the best balance of security and flexibility.

As for the Safari extension, I would recommend simply removing it and reinstalling. You can uninstall the extension in Safari > Preferences > Extensions. Just select 1Password and click Uninstall. Then, you can install the latest version fresh from our website: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

I hope that helps. Let us know how it turns out.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.