What is the cancellation policy after 30 days?

chelsealeeconnor
chelsealeeconnor
Community Member

I wanted to get more clarification on your cancellation policies. I see that there is a 30-day money back guarantee, however, I’m not sure what your cancellation policy is after 30 days. Can I get more information?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What is the cancellation policy after 30 days?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

There is a thirty-day trial period during which 1PW works without any payment needed. After you purchase there is a thirty-day cancellation period. So you have sixty days to evaluate 1PW, which should be enough. So there is usually no refund more than thirty days after purchase.

Please note that this applies to purchase direct from AgileBits. If you buy from Apple's App Store, you are stuck with Apple's rules about refunds, as AgileBits doesn't even get any details of individual purchases.

• chelsealeeconnor
    chelsealeeconnor
    Community Member

Okay, just to be clear, if I were to use 1PW for 2 years and then for some reason I decided I didn't want to use it anymore, would I be allowed to cancel at anytime? Would there be a cancellation fee?

Thanks

• @chelsealeeconnor

If you've purchased our apps you're committed 30 days after you've made the purchase. There are no refunds beyond that point. As danco mentioned there is also a 30 day trial, so you can use 1Password without payment for up to a maximum of 60 days. In your example, two years after you've purchased a license for 1Password, there wouldn't be any cancellation fee, but there also wouldn't be any money coming back.

If you're referring to either our 1Password for Families or 1Password for Teams subscription services (which include all of our compatible apps) you can cancel your subscription at any time. Your subscription will continue until the balance on your account runs out. There is no cancellation fee, but there is also no refund on any credit (your subscription will remain active until the credit has been consumed). At that point your data will go into a read-only state. You can re-establish full functionality at any time by renewing your subscription.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.