Can't setup family vault

Options
Attrition
Attrition
Community Member

I just signed up for a family plan and I am trying to migrate my existing personal account into the vault using these instructions.

https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/mac.html

However, everything I do fails.

I am using the Account Key I was provided when I created the family account yesterday. But it keeps rejecting it saying it should start with A3-236AVF

But I don't know what Account Key that is supposed to relate to.

Please can you help - I was expecting this to be straight forward but it is very confusing.

Thanks
Jon

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@Attrition

My best solution while waiting on the staff. From my personal experience. :pirate:

The browser caches the key, so please revisit the same browser used to create the team. That is provided you logged in one time successfully.
    Visit your custom URL and login in using your Master Password. The email and key should be saved in the login window.

If you can get that far, you can see the key on your profile page and also print out a new emergency kit.

For me the issue causing this was, I had backed out part of the way during the setup process to change something and a new key was created when going back forward. I had failed to notice. Luckily, I did complete the login in the browser and it had cached the key. Which allowed me to login and retrieve the proper one.

Maybe this will help you. The staff should be around soon if you are still having trouble.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Attrition: Indeed, if the URL or email address entered aren't identical to what you used when you signed up, the Account Key expected won't match either. The account key prefix you posted simply isn't correct, probably for this reason. You can also click Change Accounts on the login screen to reset the cached data. Please let me know what you find!

• Attrition
    Attrition
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks all, I've figured it out!

I was doing something incredibly stupid - I was scanning the QR code in the guide, not MY QR code haha

face in hands

thanks for all the help

• Attrition
    Attrition
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry - one more question now - I am trying to get all of my personal passwords in to my personal family vault.

I have followed the instructions of selecting a backup - Item - Share - Personal - Copy

but it is only copying 1 password, the top one in the list. I've tried this twice now with the same results.

How do I make all of them available in the family vault?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I was doing something incredibly stupid - I was scanning the QR code in the guide, not MY QR code haha face in hands

@Attrition: I totally did that the first time too. :lol:

have followed the instructions of selecting a backup - Item - Share - Personal - Copy but it is only copying 1 password, the top one in the list. I've tried this twice now with the same results.

This can be a little bit confusing (at least for me) in the All Vaults view, so make sure you switch to the vault you want to copy from:

Switch Vaults (Mac)

Then select some ( ⌘ click) or all ( ⌘ A ) of the items in the vault and right-click to Share. I prefer to Move because it lets me see what I have left, especially when I'm not just moving all the data at once. If you choose Move, the items will be removed from the vault, but they'll be sent to the Trash in case you change your mind.

From your description, it sounds like you were only selecting the first item in the list. Was that the case? If you're still having trouble, can you tell me what type of item you were copying, and if you get an error? Are you able to copy other items? Perhaps that one in particular is damages for some reason. Please let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.