auto-fill problem in Safari 9.0.3

Options

Auto-fill does not work correctly on the UBS online services login page "https://onlineservices.ubs.com/olsauth/ex/pbl/ubso/dl#login". The userid field is left blank. Not sure if the password field is loaded with the userid or password since it is hidden. Also, auto-submit is enabled but not done. No problems with auto-fill and auto-submit on other websites in Safari.

Auto-fill of the UBS login page works in Chrome 49.0.2623.87 with 1Password extension 4.5.5.90 (except that the auto-submit is not done).

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.5.4
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:auto-fill problem in Safari

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @timbinaz,

Funnily enough we've been discussing this precise issue with another person just recently.

I don't know what the proper solution is just yet but I know what the cause is. In Safari the password field on that page isn't a password field until you first click on the field and then press a key. It doesn't have to be a letter or number, even just pressing the shift key works but until this happens we see a text field and unless we explicitly tell 1Password that this text field is really the field for the password we will never enter your password into it.

Can you try a couple of different tests for me and let me know what you find.

1. Go to the page, click on the password field and press the shift key. No try to fill using 1Password.
    2. Go to the page and fill using 1Password. The password field will fill and what you don't realise is it's your username, not your password. Try filling the page again using the exact same Login item. At the very least I suspect you will find it properly fills both fields now.

Now I'm not trying to suggest either is a valid long-term solution, merely a) tests to reinforce my hunch and b) a workaround while we try to figure out the best way forward with this site.

• timbinaz
    timbinaz
    Community Member
    Options

Both of the tests you suggested worked! The second is the most convenient to use -- selecting the 1Password login twice. Thanks very much for your help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @timbinaz,

Thank you for reporting back with your findings :smile: I can't say precisely when it might happen but I'm sure we'll find a better approach so that this site also just needs a single fill command.

This discussion has been closed.