Can I know upgrade prices prior to purchase?

Options

"If you have questions about upgrading, it stands to reason that you already have a 1Password license." Actually, no.

I am 2 days into a 30 day trial. I like what I see so far.

Before investing a lot of time putting my passwords into 1Password, I would like to have some idea of what it might cost me to keep 1Password up to date. I am using it mostly on my PC desktop and laptop, but I will use it on my iPhone too, and maybe my iPad. $65 for a one-time purchase vs $5 a month. I prefer one-time because I hate monthly charges. What will it cost me to upgrade to the latest and greatest in 2017 or 2018? What would it cost me to upgrade now if I had purchased in early 2015? Your website won't tell me unless I enter my license number.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:upgrade-mac, kb:upgrade-license

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SteveArnold,

I don't know how AgileBits will handle this in the future, but we can get a good idea of what's happened in the past. For the Mac version of 1Password, the upgrade from 1Password 3 to 4 was paid. Keep in mind that we're on 1Password 6, and both 4 to 5 and 5 to 6 have been free upgrades. Anyone who wants to upgrade from 3 gets a big discount, I think 50%. If you had purchased 1Password in 2015 (or even 2014!) you would be using the latest 1Password without any additional cost. I hope this information helps you!

• LauraR
    Options

Hi @SteveArnold - I hope Pilar's information helped. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

This discussion has been closed.