Sync confusion with Dropbox and Families/Teams

Options

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@mcdonald44

Yours is a different issue based upon your other topics. That issue being a stand alone vault ( Dropbox vault) and a Personal vault in teams/families. Once we can get you situated and explain how it works I am sure you will understand more. Based upon looking at your threads you have a lot going on (multiple devices) and it may be best to wait on staff member to help so they can give more one on one discussions.

So far you have created several topic and replied to a few as well. Can I ask that you please stick to one topic this ensures we don't have multiple support requests going on at the same time.
    I am going to merge some of them together into one thread, and lets move on from that thread. Once I get them combined I will post a reply to you so you will get a follow up link for ease of finding the discussion.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@mcdonald44

I have merged the topics and I may have misunderstood your question about web access. I had inferred you were talking about families/teams and syncing with it.

Can you please clarify if that is how you are wanting to access 1Password on the web. Its by far the easiest and best way to do so. IMHO.

At the very least you have your very own topic so we can ensure you get the help you need and deserve. Looking forward to hearing from you.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@mcdonald44

Do you have syncing setup ? How are you trying to use 1Password in re to syncing. Dropbox, wifi, icloud, teams, families. What is you preferred method.

Based upon your question above you asked about web access. I personally find families the best method.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mcdonald44: 1Password for iOS does not have a print feature. However, it seems like it might be easier to sync the data from your iOS device to your Mac:

1Password sync options

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mcdonald44: Indeed, as I mentioned in reply to your other comment, if you setup sync in 1Password on each device, you won't have to worry about transferring data manually:

1Password sync options

But more importantly, be sure to backup your 1Password data regularly. I wouldn't want you to lose it if something happened to your device! be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• ollifi
    ollifi
    Community Member
    Options

Have you tried any other sync options, like iCloud or Dropbox?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

There can sometimes be issues with your router with devices on the same wifi network not seeing each other. You can create an ad hoc network (just connecting computer and device) avoiding the router, details are at https://support.1password.com/wifi-adhoc/mac.html This is certainly worth trying.

Do you still have your old Mac? If so, it should be possible to copy the 1PW data file to your new machine. However the location of that file depends on whether your copy of 1PW was from the Mac App Store or direct from AgileBits; if you can't recall where you got it from, opening 1PW and choosing About 1Password from the menu will give you that information.

The forums are always an excellent resource, very far from useless, but they are not real-time, it can take longer than one would like to get replies and solve problems. AgileBits staff do read and respond to every thread.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi, @mcdonald44

Yes, the data folder is hidden away, but there's nothing to fix. This is the Apple required location for data belonging to an app bought from the App Store, so AgileBits can do nothing about it. It's actually fairly rare that a user needs this info, and AgileBits have given the location several times in the forum.

But I'm not sure why you couldn't get the data to work on your new machine, I suspect that drag and drop just isn't the way to transfer.

• Ben
    Options

Where are you running into difficulties, @mcdonald44. Which step of which guide are you getting hung up on?

Ben

• Ben
    Options

We've responded over here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/292849/#Comment_292849

To avoid having this same conversation in many different places, causing a lot of confusion on both ends, we'll await the email Drew requested.

I will answer your one specific question here: No, we do not have the ability to print all items from iOS. 1Password for Mac does have this function, but iOS does not. Once we've helped you get all of your data on all of your devices you can print from 1Password for Mac.

As this isn't actually 1Password for Families related, I'm going to close this thread, but we look forward to working with you via email. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mcdonald44,

I see that you posted about this in other forum discussions, including some which have nothing to do with the problem you're asking for help with. I've merged those into this thread. I'm not sure if you've seen any of our replies to you in this or other threads, but we've asked you - repeatedly - to send us an email about this so we can help you solve the problem. Please do not continue to hijack other threads as it only causes confusion and delays in helping you and the other customers who have contacted us.

We really want to help you get things working as they should! We aren't able to do that if we have to constantly look for your posts scattered throughout our forums, though. I'm sure we can get this all resolved quickly, we just ask that you send us an email: support+licenses@agilebits.com

Thank you in advance! :)

• Ben
    Options

@mcdonald44

Please stop posting in multiple forum threads about this issue. We'll be happy to help, but please read what we are saying. I'm sure we can get this all resolved quickly, we just ask that you send us an email: support+licenses@agilebits.com

We'll get you sorted out there.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.