Problem with Bowers & Wilkins

When trying to fill in id/pw on the Bower & Wilkins site 1P populates the new user, not the existing.

https://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/Login.aspx?redirectto=/Downloads/downloads.html

Any way to specify where things get filled ?

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Budley,

Can you try saving a new Login item from inside your browser please. On a page like that where there are two sets of usernames and password fields if you save a Login item from inside the browser it will be able to see what fields you used and then fill those ones the next time.

Does this help at all?

• Budley
    Budley
    Community Member

Ok, that seems to work, but only if you delete the previous Login item first.
    One for the general tips FAQ.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Budley,

What should have happened is when you try to fill 1Password would ask you which Login item you want to use and we use that. Can I ask what you found happened that meant you needed to delete the old one first? Genuine question to make sure things are working as they should be :smile:

• Budley
    Budley
    Community Member

initial state. I had a 1P login item (created in the mists of time). If I filled in the login form from the 1P data I had to copy individual ID & PW fields. It would never prompt to update or anything.
    The only way it would prompt to save the ID/PW was if I deleted the old Login item.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Budley,

Gotcha, I'm following now and that was my mistake. I should have talked about how to manually save a Login item as 1Password won't ask you if you want to save a new Login if it seems you have something that already matches. I apologise, that was my fault.

I'm glad a new Login item works as expected though :smile: If we can be of any further assistance please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.