QR Scanning for Account Key via Camera? [feature request]

We can add a new device by scanning a QR code to grab the Account Key using the translucent window scanner. That's cool, thanks!

Now, can we get the same functionality, except by scanning with the computer's camera instead/also?

It seems problematic to get the QR code to the new device before it's secured. I know you can enter the Account Key manually, but scanning via camera would be fantastic. We can already show the QR code from inside the iOS app, so it makes sense that an iMac would be able to scan that with its camera.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Teams
Referrer: forum-search:qr account key

Comments

• Hey @listrophy! That's a great suggestion, and it's on our list. :) I've added your vote for it as well so we can get back to you when it's available. Feel free to let us know if you have any other ideas.

ref: OPB-312

• listrophy
    listrophy
    Community Member

@penderworth Thanks! Our use case is for our shared iMacs at our office... allowing a Developer to approach a new iMac for the day, pull in their vault by adding it to Preferences -> Teams, then removing it at the end of the day.

Granted, this feature request is just to facilitate a workaround of the real problem, but it would still help a bunch... especially since I don't have quite the buy-in I was hoping for when I instituted the switch from LastPass to 1Password for Teams.

• Oh, that's quite understandable. I'll pass that along. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.