Where's the 1Password Anywhere love?

sifutommy
sifutommy
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I have to say that for me 1PW Anywhere was the big feature for 3.0, the rest of it (while nice) seemed primarily like eye candy. But it seems like the UI and feature set for 1PW Anywhere has been pretty stagnant since release. Little things like why can't the links in login items be *actual* hyperlinks?? If that's not an easy thing to do, something's wrong. The reason I'm ranting on this now is because I've recently tried to switch to Google Chrome. I say tried because the 1PW extension for Chrome isn't there yet (which is understandable), but 1PW Anywhere doesn't work either. Won't even load. I realize that feature parity across browsers isn't easy with that much JS, but still the fact remains that 1PW Anywhere is much less compelling when it only works for FF and Safari. Are any updates to this feature forthcoming?

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    sifutommy wrote:
    I have to say that for me 1PW Anywhere was the big feature for 3.0, the rest of it (while nice) seemed primarily like eye candy. But it seems like the UI and feature set for 1PW Anywhere has been pretty stagnant since release. Little things like why can't the links in login items be *actual* hyperlinks?? If that's not an easy thing to do, something's wrong. The reason I'm ranting on this now is because I've recently tried to switch to Google Chrome. I say tried because the 1PW extension for Chrome isn't there yet (which is understandable), but 1PW Anywhere doesn't work either. Won't even load. I realize that feature parity across browsers isn't easy with that much JS, but still the fact remains that 1PW Anywhere is much less compelling when it only works for FF and Safari. Are any updates to this feature forthcoming?

I'm glad you've taken a liking to 1PasswordAnywhere. It wasn't intended to be a replacement for the 1Password Mac application interface but once you have a steady-state of items you may not need Search, sorting columns, editing, export, ... With the read-only nature of 1PasswordAnywhere there aren't a lot of "features" it doesn't include. Perhaps Dave, the "father" of 1PasswordAnywhere, will stop by and say a few words about future plans but AFAIK right now there's nothing "big" planned.
  • dteare
    edited December 1969
    I'm glad to see you love 1PasswordAnywhere as much as I do :)

You're right, 1PasswordAnywhere has not progressed as fast as I would have liked. Aside from a few bug fixes I haven't had a chance to add the new features I want, especially Search and Copy-to-Clipboard. Compatibility for other browsers has also taken a lot longer.

While I'm very happy with what 1PasswordAnywhere has achieved already, I'm always wanting more :D I plan to take it to the next level in the future but I don't have a timeline to give you at the moment.
  • sifutommy
    sifutommy
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I probably should clarify that I don't expect 1PW Anywhere to be a replacement for the GUI either. I own 2 Macs and happily run the application on both. But unfortunately, I can't use a Mac at the office (I'm a software engineer and run a Linux workstation). So I tend to use 1PW Anywhere a good bit. As for specific features, I don't have many needs beyond what's already there although search would be nice. The main things are browser compatibility, and those damn links that aren't links for no good reason. Anyway thanks for the responses.
This discussion has been closed.