After automatic upgrade I can no longer log into app. Login still works in the browser

Options

1Password just insisted I upgrade, so I hit okay. The version is now 3.8.22. And I can no longer log into the app with my master password -- it says Incorrect password. This password (which I know is correct) still works in the browser extension, just not the app. What should I do?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jazztpt as your post relates to 1P3 for Mac I have moved the post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P3 legacy forum where you will get more help.

However, there is something a little odd about what you say.

And I can no longer log into the app with my master password -- it says Incorrect password. This password (which I know is correct) still works in the browser extension, just not the app

The browser extension is merely a front end for the main app so I can't imagine any circumstances where your master password could work in one but not the other.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jazztpt: Interestingly, 1Password 3.8.22 was released in May 2014, so the only way you'd just now be getting an update notification is if you had been disconnected from the internet for roughly two years. Also, 1Password 3.8.21 and earlier can no longer connect to our update server due to changed we've made in the past few years.

Therefore, I suspect there's something else going on — perhaps you have multiple copies of 1Password on your Mac. If you do a Spotlight search for "1Password", what do you find? If you have another, newer copy of 1Password, then that could explain both the update, and the fact that you're having different results with the browser extension and app (they may have separate vaults as well).

Whatever you do, don't delete anything until we have a better sense of what's going on. Please let me know what you find! :)

• jazztpt
    jazztpt
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hm, before reading this I deleted my chrome extension, following instructions to upgrade from v3 to v6. I also paid for the new version (only 30-something bucks instead of 60-something!), but since I can't log into my version of the app I can't back up the data file. So now I have my one-and-only version of 1Password; I checked with a spotlight search and there is only one version: 3.8.22.

What next?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jazztpt: Oh dear. You were only able to access your data in the Chrome extension, but you deleted it? :scream:

At this point, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to see what can be done:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.