How do I get my websites into 1password.com

I signed up for the trial but do not know how to get all my websites into 1password file. I hope I do not have to type it all up.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:faq

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Seihol: If you have exported data you may be able to use @MrC 's converter and import it into 1Password. Otherwise the only way to get any information into 1Password or any app is to enter it manually. Where do you have it currently?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @Seihol,

Where are your website bookmarks, or otherwise, stored? It isn't clear to me what we're dealing with here.

• Seihol
    Seihol
    Community Member

When I saved a website and want to open it, it requires the URL Where do I find that?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @Seihol,

This sounds like we might be talking about different things at the same time:

1. How do you import your existing Bookmarks?
    2. How do you enter the URL for a 1Password Login entry you are currently working with?

I'm awaiting your responses to item (1), if that is indeed one of the matters you want to know about.

For item (2), you simply go to the Login page for a given site, enter your credentials but don't hit the Submit button, and then use the 1Password extensions Save New Login command, and set it to Update your existing login (or create a new one if one doesn't exist). This is explained in Saving a Login.

Does that help?

• Seihol
    Seihol
    Community Member

Thanks.

• On behalf of MrC, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.