Naming shared vaults

Options
MDBrown
MDBrown
Community Member

I'd like to a) ask a question to the community at large, and b) make a feature request:

First, I'm setting up several vaults, each shared with different family members. One vault will be shared between me and my parents (intended to allow me to manage their logins). My problem is naming that vault in a way that will make sense to both parties. Right now I'm considering "Mike and Mom", but I'm looking for something better. I'd be interested to hear comments from other users regarding their best practices in naming shared vaults.

Second, a feature request. In the example above, I would like to be able to name the vault "Mom". But I'd like my mom to be able to rename the vault "Mike" on her own computer. In other words, the same vault would show a different name to different family members. Allowing each family member to nickname shared vaults would make those vaults more identifiable to each member. No one needs to see their own name. They just need to see who the vault is shared with, from their viewpoint.

I hope other forum readers will respond to my first request, and I hope Agilebits will consider my feature request. I'd be happy to clarify if necessary.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to write in, @MDBrown.

Second, a feature request. In the example above, I would like to be able to name the vault "Mom". But I'd like my mom to be able to rename the vault "Mike" on her own computer. In other words, the same vault would show a different name to different family members. Allowing each family member to nickname shared vaults would make those vaults more identifiable to each member. No one needs to see their own name. They just need to see who the vault is shared with, from their viewpoint.

I can see how that could potentially create a lot of confusion. For example, which name would be shown to someone who is not part of the vault but is an owner on the account? That may not apply to your specific situation, but it isn't an uncommon scenario. Additionally I can see a lot of customer service requests from folks to the effect that "Person A has shared vault 'B' with me, but I only see vault 'C'." The answer would be that vault 'C' is actually vault 'B', but our CS team has no way of knowing that (we cannot see the names of your vaults).

So, while I can see where you are coming from, I personally think it would be a fairly difficult thing to justify implementing. That said, I'd be happy to pass the feedback on to the rest of the team for their consideration.

First, I'm setting up several vaults, each shared with different family members. One vault will be shared between me and my parents (intended to allow me to manage their logins). My problem is naming that vault in a way that will make sense to both parties. Right now I'm considering "Mike and Mom", but I'm looking for something better. I'd be interested to hear comments from other users regarding their best practices in naming shared vaults.

I haven't yet personally run into a situation like this yet, so I'll leave that for others to comment. :)

Ben

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe an Alias capability would be helpful .. But I'm sure there are many other pressing issues that would be at the top of the resource chain. But I gotta think that telling your Mom that this one vault name is the one shared with me is in the reasonable realm of us older folks.

• Ben
    Options

Maybe an Alias capability would be helpful

Perhaps. But I can also see how this would add a layer of complexity.

But I gotta think that telling your Mom that this one vault name is the one shared with me is in the reasonable realm of us older folks.

Agreed.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.