Fingerprint Unlock doesn't work [requires device and OS support for Nexus Imprint]

injectx
injectx
Community Member
edited November 2017 in Android

When I enable Fingerprint Unlock and put my finger on the scanner I get the following message: "Fingerprint Unlock could not be enabled because an error occured: javax.crypto.AEADBadTagException".

1Password Version: 6.2b3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

@injectx That doesn't look very good :/ Hopefully this will be fixed soon. By the way what device do you have?

• We recently made changes so this error message is more descriptive for us to understand what’s going on. Sorry for the scare! Could you tell us what device you are using?

• hellrokr
    hellrokr
    Community Member

Same issue this side. I'm using oneplus 2 on android 6.0.1. My fingerprint works for other apps though.

• Thanks for reporting this issue, @hellrokr. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• injectx
    injectx
    Community Member

Hi peri, i want to send a diagnostics report but the option in 1password only allows me to send a email to u guys. I though it was sending some sort of error code or log? Am i doing something wrong? Thanks.

• Hey @injectx. This sounds like an issue with some non-Gmail clients, since attachments are handled differently throughout email applications. Could you use the Gmail client to send us the diagnostics report?

Alternatively, you can copy and paste the content of the diagnostics report from the preview page. To copy and paste the contents of the diagnostics report, here's what you will need to do:

1. Open 1Password on Android
    2. Perform sync by tapping on the sync icon in the navigation bar
    3. Once sync completes (or fails), go into Settings > Advanced > Email > Email Diagnostics. You should now see a new screen with your generated report.
    4. Select all the text from the preview window, and copy it to clipboard
    5. Choose "Send Mail" to send us the diagnostic report. Paste the text in the compose window.
    6. Send email.

I look forward to the report. Thanks!

• injectx
    injectx
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply Peri, I've just sent the diagnostic report!

• Thanks! We'll take a look and get back to you. :)

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

@peri

That's said, i think that you can create an enhancement request to improve the Email diagnostics :)

• TomPollok
    TomPollok
    Community Member

I have exactly the same problem with my OnePlus 2 which i just updated to the latest OxygenOS 3.0 Beta 1

• saad
    edited March 2016

Our development team is looking into this issue. Thanks for letting us know that you are seeing it too @TomPollok.

ref: OPA-839

• @Spinacle We plan to make improvements in this area! :)

• TomPollok
    TomPollok
    Community Member

@saad thanks for the quick reply. ill also send a diagnostics file to support+android@agilebits.com

• Thanks @TomPollok. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and link it to this issue.

• TomPollok
    TomPollok
    Community Member

@saad the number is: [#EFY-67561-736] thank you for caring.

• peri
    edited March 2016

Thanks @TomPollok! ref: EFY-67561-736

• injectx
    injectx
    Community Member

Hi Peri, how are thing going? Just wanted to let you know that in the latest OxygenOS 3 build the fps option still isn't working (same error message). It was working however on a different ROM (CyanogenMod 13) for the OnePlus 2.

• dendirk
    dendirk
    Community Member

Hi i also updated to OxygenOS 3 Beta and i have exact the same error.

• Thanks for the update @injectx. This error is related to the cryptographic cipher we are using with Fingerprint Unlock. We are still looking into the issue. Hope to have an update soon!

• Thanks for letting us know @dendirk!

• dendirk
    dendirk
    Community Member

Any news on this issue?

• saad
    edited April 2016

I reached out to the team. We don't have an update to the fix for this particular error yet.

• dendirk
    dendirk
    Community Member

Thanks

• You're very welcome! :)

• mikkle
    mikkle
    Community Member

New 1Password user here, exact same problem :(

Any update?

• CDALAL
    CDALAL
    Community Member

Hello. I am using ONEPLUS 2. also having similar issue with the fingerprint scanner.
    let me know if any updates on this
    thanks.

• injectx
    injectx
    Community Member

I'm guessing this is something OnePlus has to solve. My banking App also supports the fps but also doesn't work (unknown error). Guess we'll have to wait for the next OTA..

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

It works fine for me on my nexus 6p

• mikkle
    mikkle
    Community Member

@injectx: The Dashlane Android app works perfectly using fingerprint authentication, on the current Oxygen 2 build. I've been using it for weeks. It's definitely something to do with 1Password's implementation.

• We have indeed noticed this issue occurring on OnePlus devices. Our developers are aware of the issue. We'll let you know when we have any updates!

This discussion has been closed.