Default password

guillaumeserton
guillaumeserton
Community Member

Hello,

I'm using vault synced with dropbox (primary) and Family vaults.
By default, the password asked when i opened 1P is my primary's vault password while i would like that this will be my family vault password.

How can i do that?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.2.1b1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 6.0.1r22
Sync Type: Dropbox / Family

Comments

• saad
    edited March 2016

At the moment, your master password to unlock your vaults will be the same one as for your primary vault. It’s not possible to assign a 1Password account to be the password used on the lock screen.

However, in a future version of 1Password for Android, we do plan to support the addition of 1Password for Teams/Families without requiring the creation of a primary vault. At this point, your 1Password account’s password will be the one required to unlock your vaults.

I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime!

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

Do you have any ETA for the beta version into the beta version, because today it's totally a mess as i have multiple devices and not the same vault on them.

1Password was an awesome tool that i cannot imagined not using before and since i switched to the Family account it's became harder to use.

• I’m sorry for the trouble this is causing you. Unfortunately, I don’t have an ETA of when we will see standalone support for 1Password Families on Android. It’s on our list of things to do but, as you can imagine, the list is quite long.

Could you explain your configuration between your devices? Are you master password different between your devices?

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

Hi Saad,

Yes my password are different.
    Currently, this is my configuration :
    On my Macbook, i have my primary vault (dropbox), as a second one my business vault (dropbox), and all my family vaults.
    On my iMac, i have my primary vault (dropbox), as a second one my business vault (dropbox), and all my family vaults.
    On my mobile (Android), i have my business vault as primary (because multiple dropbox vault is not yet supported), and my family vaults
    On my tablet (Android), i have my primary vault (dropbox) and my family vaults.

As you will understand, my password of my primary vault and my business vault are not the same of course and that's my concern due that Android not yet support multiple vault synced with dropbox.

• Thanks for clarifying your 1Password configuration. I understand your situation better and having different Master Passwords across your devices is certainly not fun! :(

I have a suggestion to improve your workflow, but I understand if you prefer otherwise. Why not move your Primary Vault (Dropbox) and your Work Vault (Dropbox) to 1Password for Families account?

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

Just because it's a work vault and it has nothing to do in my family account ;)

• Hehe, I think I walked myself into that one. :)

This discussion has been closed.