Which versions do i need to install

Hi Guys,
I have installed the "ipassword for Teams" Version.
Should I have a paid for standard version first?
If so which version should I be looking for to be able to use it for my three man team

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hi Guys, I have installed the "for Teams" Version. Should I have a paid for standard version first?

Comments

• Hey @JohnJames! It sounds like Teams is just what you need for your small group. The apps are included with it, so you can grab our Windows 10 app if you'd like. :) There's no need to pay for the standard apps since Teams includes them. Though, just so you know, the Windows 10 app is the only one that works with Teams on Windows at the moment. Let us know if you have any questions.

• JohnJames
    JohnJames
    Community Member

Hi @penderworth Many thanks for the info
    Here's my plan: I have installed 1 Password for Windows Version 4.6.0.604 on my PC
    This is a trial version
    I would like to upgrade this to a full version straight away and then populate with my data :)
    At a later point I would like to share this with the rest of my team and across other devices (Laptop, ipad, iphone)
    Can you help me with an "old man" process for completing my dream. ;)

• MikeT
    edited June 2016

Hi @JohnJames,

Would you be able to use Dropbox to sync and share a specific 1Password vault between your teammates? You can see how it works here: https://support.1password.com/dropbox-share-vault/?win

They'll be able to access it on their iOS devices and computers by using the shared Dropbox folder that 1Password will load from.

You can keep using the trial version for 30 days and if you'd like to buy a license, you can do so at our store here: https://agilebits.com/store

The trial version will not lock you out of your 1Password data, it will simply take away your ability to edit or add more data until you add the license key via the Help Menu > Enter License key.

At the moment, the 1Password for Teams is not fully ready on Windows, it is restricted to accessing your data in the beta version of 1Password for Windows 10 app and in the website in Chrome, Firefox or Edge if you're on Windows 10. For now, you won't be able to use 1Password 4 for Windows to access your Teams data. We plan to ship an update to enable Teams support in the desktop program but we don't have a timeframe on this.

• JohnJames
    JohnJames
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT
    Many thanks for your quick response
    So far so good. Product license done, Dropbox set up
    Just need to get some data in now and start using this great product
    Looking forward to 1Password for Teams in Windows 10 to come
    Once again many thanks for your help

• JohnJames
    JohnJames
    Community Member

Hi Guys,
    Sorry to be a pest
    All ok on my desktop and dropbox sync ok
    Now need to get it across to my laptop
    Having installed the 1Password for Windows on the laptop it appears I can't use the same license Key from the desktop.
    Am I missing something?

• JohnJames
    JohnJames
    Community Member

Hi Guys,
    Sorted the laptop issue
    8-) Just me being a numpty i think

• Hi @JohnJames,

Thanks for updating us and letting us know you got it working in the end.

You can reuse the same license key on any computers you'll use 1Password on; we don't keep track of installs, computers, or activations. So, if it stops working, it may be of an external factor, such as a network issue (either on our server or your PC) or an anti-malware solution blocking it.

If there's anything else we can help you with, let us know.

• JohnJames
    JohnJames
    Community Member

Cheers Mike
    Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.
    I will give it a more thorough run through this weekend.
    I will have more tie to get to grips with the features without work getting in the way

• MikeT
    edited March 2016

We'll be here to help out in any way we can. You might find this guide useful: https://support.1password.com/guides/windows/quick-start.html

Enjoy your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.