Error message when trying to sync: Can not find computer

Options
jcqsmarchand
jcqsmarchand
Community Member

I have taken the steps suggested in the relevant articles. I continue to be unable to sync. One Password is not able to find the mac. We did replace the mac and I believe that is the issue. However, although I think I am following the proper steps to re connect, I am lost. Please help.

Thank you,

Jessica

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hi. I use a mac and recently got a new hard drive. I have been unable to sync since.

Comments

• jcqsmarchand
    jcqsmarchand
    Community Member
    Options

i was able to find where to enter my secret on my iPhone, but do not remember what it is on the mac.

I hope this will solve my sync issue.

Jessica

1Password Version: 6
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: mac
    Sync Type: wi fi
    Referrer: forum-search:i know how to put the secret in my phone, but don't know what it is on the mac

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jcqsmarchand I'm afraid it's very difficult to help without some basic information from you. Please tell us:

I have a suspicion, from what you say, that you may be using wi-fi sync. If so, this knowledge base article may help you resolve the issue:

Wi-Fi Sync is not working

If that's doesn't help please provide us with the information I've mentioned.

Stephen

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jcqsmarchand I answered your first post and then discovered you'd started another thread related to the same issue. I've merged the posts into one thread because it not only makes it easier for you to find the answers you need it also makes support much less of a challenge.

To find the secret on your Mac go to 1P6 > Preferences > Wi-Fi Server.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jcqsmarchand,

I hope the suggestion from Stephen was helpful for you! If you're trying to set up Wi-Fi sync between your iOS device and a new Mac, you might simply need to follow the steps here: Wi-Fi Sync

If you're still having trouble with that, please let us know the other information Stephen asked you for, and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.