Cannot see the bottom details view

This discussion was created from comments split from: Password History.

Comments

• komrad
    komrad
    Community Member

I don't any way to access password history for a particular login in the Windows 1Password client version 4.6.0.64. One of the proprietary systems I work with is flaky, and occasionally it reverts my account to the previous password, which means I need to able to pull that up to log in. The decision to use this particular application is outside of my control, so please don't reply with suggestions to use a different app.

• Hi @komrad,

Open the Login item in the main 1Password program and scroll down to the bottom to see the history, like so:

• komrad
    komrad
    Community Member

Weird. My login item looks remarkedly different than yours, and does not have a password history section. I duplicated a real login item and then edited out sensitive information to make the attached screen shot.

• MikeT
    edited March 2016

Hi @komrad,

That's because you're looking at the item editor, it will not show the history. The item's details including its history are shown in the bottom view of the main 1Password interface, here's what I mean:

• komrad
    komrad
    Community Member

Got it. It must be my view setting, because when I click on a login in normal, non-edit view, the lower right pane where you have the log red arrow pointing down is always blank.

I'll play with my view setting to see if I can get my lower right pane to look like yours.

• Hi @komrad,

There is no settings for this, it will only show the history if there is saved data for it. If there is no previous password saved, it won't show up.

• komrad
    komrad
    Community Member

I checked and I don't have the pane in the lower right at all. I have a list of logins that goes all the way down to the bottom of the window. the only way to view login details is to double-click and go into edit mode.

This has to be an operator error, but I cannot for the life of me find out why the login details pane does not exist;

• Hi @komrad,

I've split your posts out into its own thread since you're having an unrelated issue.

Try this: Open the main 1Password program, unlock, and then resize the height of the program up and down rapidly until it resets and show you the bottom view that you can drag up from the bottom.

• komrad
    komrad
    Community Member

Sorry for not updating this thread sooner. I discovered the upper right pane had been resized to cover the space normally occupied by the lower right pane. After resizing it, I could see the login details. Issue resolved.

• Thanks for updating this thread, we really appreciate it!

This won't be an issue anymore in the next major version of 1Password we're working on as it will scroll within the view now.

This discussion has been closed.