No wi-fi sync button at all

jessvaughn22
jessvaughn22
Community Member

I have 1password on my 2 two computers, my ipad and my phone and have no problem syncing everything together. When I recently bought 1password for my Mac the wi-fi sync button is not there at all. I have tried researching myself to figure out why or how I can get it I can't seem to get it to show up. If anyone could give me some step-by-step things to try that would be great. I don't want to manually type all my logins from everything else.

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:my 1password keeps quitting, kb-search:it won't let me create new logins, kb:wifi-troubleshooting, ug:mac/sync-wi-fi, kb:wifi-troubleshooting

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jessvaughn22,

Here's how to set up Wi-Fi sync in 1Password for Mac. If you're seeing something different than the user guide suggests, please let us know so we can figure out where things are getting tangled up. :)

• jessvaughn22
    jessvaughn22
    Community Member

That's what I have followed and the wi-fi server option button or the sync button doesn't even show up for me at all when I go to preferences. The only options it shows me is: general, security, browsers, logins, backups, updates, advanced -- in that order. I'm not sure what to do from here.

Thanks for your help.

• Hi @jessvaughn22

Could you please tell us which version of 1Password for Mac you have installed?

(Mac) How to keep 1Password up to date

Ben

• jessvaughn22
    jessvaughn22
    Community Member

It says I have version 3.8.22 -- it says I am running the latest version? No updates when I click on it.

• jessvaughn22
    jessvaughn22
    Community Member

It says I have version 3.8.22 -- it says I am running the latest version? No updates when I click on it.

• That explains it. :) Version 3 is quite old at this point, and cannot sync with modern versions of 1Password. Newer versions are not offered in the "check for updates" screen because 1Password 4 for Mac was a paid upgrade. We didn't want folks to be upgraded to the new version and feel "forced" to pay for a new license. Your current license is valid for the latest version already, so you are all set there. I've resent your license information to you, just in case you've lost it.

If you are running a modern version of OS X (Yosemite or newer) you can download 1Password 6 for Mac here:

AgileBits Downloads

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.