Login Screen Not Responding Forcing Reboot

Skyyton
Skyyton
Community Member

This has happened to me twice over the past couple of days. After logging into a site manually, the 1password box pops up asking me to log in. I try to cancel the box and I get the beach ball. There is no option to force quit the application and even after closing Safari and every other application I have open, the box remains in the middle of my screen. The only way to get rid of it is to reboot the computer.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Login box not responding forcing reboot

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @skyyton,

Sorry that you are experiencing this issue.

I believe we might have a fix for this forth-coming. But I wonder if you have steps to reproduce this issue, or does it only sometimes happen?

As for rebooting the whole computer, I don't think you should have to do that. Have your tried to go to Activity Monitor, search for "1Password Mini" and force quit just the 1Password app? That should work as a workaround in the meantime while we work on a fix.

• Skyyton
    Skyyton
    Community Member

Thank you for the quick response. Right now I can't get the box to pop up so I can't reproduce. The only thing I think might be happening is the couple of times it happened, I possibly hit "Enter" instead of "Cancel" without filling in the password. I will try using the Activity Monitor if it happens again. Next time the box pops up, I will intentionally hit "Enter" to see if that is where the problem lies.

• Skyyton
    Skyyton
    Community Member

I was able to recreate the problem. When the Sign In window popped up, I hit the box to login instead of cancel (with the password box blank). I followed this action with trying to hit the Cancel button and that's when it locks up. I was able to stop it via the Activity Monitor.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Skyyton,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to use Activity Monitor to stop the process without completely restarting your computer - that should hopefully be a lot less disruptive to your workflow for now.

The issue that Nathan mentioned earlier is marked as completed in our internal tracker, so the next update of 1Password should have this properly resolved for you.

ref: OPM-3868

• Skyyton
    Skyyton
    Community Member

Thank you Nathan and Megan! I've been using 1Password for years and love it! I think this is the first issue I've had with it and I'm happy to see that it will be taken care of soon.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Nathan and Megan, you're most welcome! If for any reason you still have a problem in the updated version once that's available, or you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.