Just swapped computers at work and cant get my vault

Options
gleaj522
gleaj522
Community Member

I just swapped Macs at work, and I redownloaded password, I was using a free or trial version, which I had saved passwords to.
I didn't know there was a way to back it up, an now I seem to not be able to access it, or just simply log-in to something. Are there any other routes to take to get into my old vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gleaj522,

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting your 1Password data on your new Mac!

On your previous Mac, were you using 1Password with a 1Password for Teams or 1Password Families subscription? If so, your data is on our secure servers, and you just need to sign into the 1Password for Mac app with your Teams/Families account.

On the other hand, if you were using 1Password for Mac as a standalone app (i.e. without a Teams/Families subscription), then by default, your 1Password data was stored locally on that Mac. It wouldn't be anywhere else unless you had chosen to use one of the sync options (iCloud, Dropbox, Wi-Fi), or copied it to another device by some other means. Or, if you have a backup of your Mac (like a Time Machine backup, for example), your 1Password data should be saved there as well.

Did you use any of the sync options in 1Password, or do you have your data in 1Password on another device aside from that one Mac? Or do you have a backup of that Mac? If so, please let us know and we'll be happy to help you get that data back to 1Password on the new Mac. Our user guide might also be helpful: Use existing 1Password data on a new computer

If your 1Password data existed only on that previous Mac and nowhere else, do you still have access to that Mac so you can copy some files from it? Please let us know, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.