Multiple passwords in one login - recipe cannot be changed

bigsablept
bigsablept
Community Member

I created a new Login item. Then I added a new section to the item, did not enter a name for the section, and added a password type field to the new section. I generated a password for this new field. I wanted to change the recipe for the generated password. However, every time I tap on one of the recipe controls, the view scrolls back up to the main password in the login. This scrolls the recipe controls down off the screen so I cannot make changes. It appears to be attempting to scroll the primary password to the top of the screen any time you try to change a password recipe. It disregards the fact that you're trying to change the recipe of a different password.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 9.0
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:multiple password login

Comments

• Hi @bigsablept,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I've tried reproducing this issue exactly as you've described, but I've been unable to do so. It seems to work as intended for me (i.e. I can change the recipe without difficulty). Could you please let me know what device this is happening on? Perhaps it happens on only certain device types.

Ben

• bigsablept
    bigsablept
    Community Member

I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus.

I just tried it again. I discovered that I actually can make changes to the recipe. When I touch the recipe control, the view scrolls up, the controls go off the screen, but if I don't lift my finger and move it left or right the control does adjust. When I scroll back down I see it changed, I just couldn't see it while it changed. I discovered this because I tried it in landscape orientation to see if that had the same problem. It still scrolled on touch, but not as much so I could still see the password value as it changed. The controls were still off the screen.

• bigsablept
    bigsablept
    Community Member

Here's a recording of the problem happening on my phone:

https://youtu.be/2LBtiTqabIc

I recorded this over AirPlay using Reflector 2. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to capture voice over narration. Pay attention to what happens after I add the password field to the new section. Each time I touch the length slider control, the view scrolls down. You'll notice the password is different each time I scroll it back up. So the slider recognized my side-to-side motion even though I couldn't see it any more.

• Thanks @bigsablept! I'll open an issue in our bug tracker and share this video with our development team. :)

Ben

ref: OPI-3465

This discussion has been closed.