1Password Software License rich icons not showing up on iOS

Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Rich icons are not showing in the application..

Comments

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@Drew_AG
    'Rich Icons' feature only applies to Logins and Software Licenses
    I entered my 1P software license into the 1P mac app and I see the 1P logo in the software category. How come it doesn't translate over on iOS. Just the standard software license icon shows on my iPhone. Though ... I do see rich icons from LaunchBar and Things showing on the iOS device.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iamecho,

Since you're having trouble with rich icons on your iPhone, I've moved your message to our iOS forum. I hope you don't mind!

I'm not sure why those rich icons would appear on your Mac but not on your iPhone. Just to be sure, if you open 1Password on your iPhone and go to Settings > General, is the option for Show Rich Icons enabled? If so, try turning it off and back on again. Does that make any difference?

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@Drew_AG Thanks for your response. Yes, I did toggle Show Rich Icons button and still no icon.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@Drew_AG And yes it was enabled, but I toggled it on/off/on at your suggestion. Kind of ironic the only icon not to come over is 1P's!

• @iamecho Can you please try changing the name of the item from "1Password 6" to "1Password" and see if that makes any difference?

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@bwoodruff @Drew_AG You guys are the best. Ben, thank you - worked like a charm! How on earth would the average person know that!

• You're most welcome.

In general we use the title of the product, without any additional branding or version numbering, to determine what icon to display. So if you had put "AgileBits 1Password" in there that also would not have worked. Just the name of the software is generally best. :)

Ben

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@bwoodruff The reason why it was named that way (1Password 6) is because I dragged the application from my mac finder into 1P and that's the name it gave it! I would have never thought to drop the "6".

• Understandable. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Ben

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni

@iamecho, I recently added an icon for "1Password 6" to our Rich Icons server, please let me know if it shows up now.

Cheers!

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@Rad Will do, although dropping the 6 worked just as well! I just re-instated the 6 and voila, it's there! Nice job, thanks.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Thanks so much for confirming that it all works now, @iamecho!

All the best,

This discussion has been closed.