Offers to open Chrome instead of Firefox which is the default browser

sniem
sniem
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

when I click on "ask for help" I'm asked in which browser I'd like to see the app opened. It offers Chrome although Firefox is set as default browser. See attached screenshot for details.

1Password Version: 1Password Beta 2016.3.902
Extension Version: 4.5.4.b5
OS Version: Windows 10 x64 Insider 14279
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Note that Firefox 45 and Chrome 49 are both installed as 64bit versions.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hello @sniem! Can you show me screenshot of the ask for help button you're clicking? The only button that launches a browser is the Ask in the forum button, and if you have your default browser set correctly, we'll launch it.

Also, Windows 10 will only show that dialog screen if a default app hasn't been set. So just to be sure you do have Firefox set to your default browser, go to the Choose default apps page (search for default from the start menu), scroll to the bottom and select Firefox from the Web Browser option.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Here it is. Seems I'm expecting a different behaviour (
    to be redirected to the forum instead of writing an email). This is for opening an email? So 1Pw is doing right as no app was set as default for email.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Yes, this button will send an email and will take you to the default app you've set for handling emails. If you'd like to quickly jump into the forums through the app, click on settings > help. Then in the top-bar, click on the "Ask in the forum" button.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Great news, thanks for listening :)

Beta 25 (2016.3.2600)

[IMPROVED] feedback button opens menu with options to "visit forum"/"report a problem"

• You're welcome and more changes are coming in the near future regarding this as well.

This discussion has been closed.