syncing iphone v3 with iphone v6 or windows v4

Options

I'm trying to sync the vault from v3.7.2 of the iphone app with the iphone app v6.3.1 and windows v4. I'm unable to sync over wifi because I'm given a key on both the my iphone and my windows. When I try to sync with dropbox the app says it cannot connect to my dropbox. I know the credentials are correct and have used them to login to dropbox from a computer. When I open v3 on the phone it recognizes that v6 is also installed and asks if I would like to sync with that version. When I select to sync it opens the v6 app however doesn't sync anything. I have tried Icloud as well and encountered the same issue.

Thanks,

1Password Version: 3.7.2,6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iphone v 9.3.1
Sync Type: icloud, dropbox or importing
Referrer: forum-search:sync iphone with windows wifi

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm trying to sync the vault from v3.7.2 of the iphone app with the iphone app v6.3.1 and windows v4. I'm unable to sync over wifi because I'm given a key on both the my iphone and my windows.

@jgreen: I'm sorry for the confusion! Indeed, it is not possible to Wi-Fi Sync between 1Password 3 and 1Password 4 or later. They use completely different methods.

When I try to sync with dropbox the app says it cannot connect to my dropbox. I know the credentials are correct and have used them to login to dropbox from a computer.

Dropbox discontinued their old API (which 1Password 3 used) back in 2013, so it isn't possible for the old app to authenticate.

When I open v3 on the phone it recognizes that v6 is also installed and asks if I would like to sync with that version. When I select to sync it opens the v6 app however doesn't sync anything. I have tried Icloud as well and encountered the same issue.

Similarly, 1Password 3 predates iCloud, so it cannot sync that way at all.

It sounds like you 'd previously told 1Password 6 "Don't ask me again" to offer to import the data from 1Password 3. If you don't have anything in 1Password 6, you can simply delete the app, install a fresh copy from the App Store, and then follow this guide:

Migrate from 1Password 3 (iOS)

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.