CitiBank login problem

KingJerry4Beta
KingJerry4Beta
Community Member
edited April 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

I am running Version 6.3 Beta-2
Starting this weekend I am having a problem with the auto fill / login into CitiBank https://online.citi.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do

The User Name field is populated and then erased.
The password is populated and a login is attempted

Unfortunately, since the User Name field is blank the login fails

If I copy and paste the data elements from my 1PSW file the login takes place

If I disable the auto submit the User Name still is blank I do see a flash with the user name attempting to be submitted

The only way (other than copy / paste) is to have Safari "save" my username Unfortunately I need to have 2 or 3 different user names so I really don't want Safari to present a saved username.

It may be Citbank as they also were changing the appearance of their web site over the weekend

I am running OS X 10.11.4

I have tried creating a NEW password stored in 1PSW; that made no difference

Appreciate any guidance

Jerry King

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@KingJerry4Beta: Indeed, the Citi login page you referenced there clears out the username field after 1Password fills it. Unfortunately we haven't yet found a way to work around this particular problem.

Fortunately there's a better way. Just follow these steps to manually save a new login:

1. Navigate to https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do (this login portal works much better)
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• KingJerry4Beta
    KingJerry4Beta
    Community Member

That new website seems to have worked, Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! Thanks for following up. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• drewgainor10
    drewgainor10
    Community Member

For as long as I can remember, 1password has never been able to fill in the user id field on citi.com using Safari when logging into my credit card (https://www.evernote.com/l/AB63dWG51AlAooH9drxa-08NyV-RAWIE3IA). Chrome seems to work fine.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
    Extension Version: 4.5.5
    OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
    Sync Type: Dropbox
    Referrer: forum-search:citi.com

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @drewgainor10. I've merged your post into another thread about Citi. @Brenty has an account at Citi and he has been super helpful in shepherding users through the landmine of Citi's various sign in screens. We have special code for handling Citi because it's so tricky, and as far as I know, Brenty's post from last month should still be current information. Could you give it a try and let us know how it goes?

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• drewgainor10
    drewgainor10
    Community Member

Will give it a shot! Thanks so much!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

My pleasure! Let us know how it goes or if we can help further.

This discussion has been closed.