How do I sync or de-dupe multiple backups into 1password for teams?

Parker
Parker
Community Member

Hi there, I moved from 1password for mac to 1password for teams (but still mac) a few months back. Everything has been working great so far. However, I realized a days ago that I had kept my previous version of 1password installed, and that it was that version that was connected to my browser extensions. So any passwords I've added or changed since switching to teams is randomly either in one version or the other (the new version is on my menu bar, so it's gotten some action as well).

They have roughly the same amount of accounts in each of them, but I know of at least one account that I've updated the password one since then. Is there a good way to pull in my original 1password backup again and then possibly dedupe accounts or look for conflicts? I didn't realize that keeping the old 1password would cause issues like this. Thanks.

Parker

1Password Version: 6.1 (both mac app store and agilebits store)
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: dropbox/teams
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate, ug:mac/switch-vaults, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Hi Parker,

This could be a challenge because items copied to the Teams account get new identifiers assigned to them. If you copy items from the old vault into one of the Teams vaults, you will end up with duplicates.

I had a similar experience before and I used to sort the items by date created (or updated) then select and export the items that were modified after the initial migration. Would that work for you?

• Parker
    Parker
    Community Member

That worked. Thanks!
    Now I've full deleted my previous app (1password 5) so that that issue doesn't happen anymore. I've set up my mobile app to use my team account as well. Is there anything I need to do to make my mobile app not sync to my old account anymore?
    It still shows that it is syncing via iCloud, which I don't think is the case. Unless one vault is syncing via icloud and the rest are syncing via 1password for teams?

• @Parker Thanks for getting back to us. :) Glad to hear that worked.

Is there anything I need to do to make my mobile app not sync to my old account anymore?

From your first post, it sounds like you were syncing things with Dropbox previously. If that's the case, you can set up your app to just be Teams-only if you want. Just remove it from your device and install it again, then sign in to your Teams account.

It still shows that it is syncing via iCloud, which I don't think is the case. Unless one vault is syncing via icloud and the rest are syncing via 1password for teams?

The mobile app does, or 1Password on your Mac? You may just have one vault syncing with iCloud. You can check in Settings under Vaults on your iOS device. On Mac, you can check under the Sync tab of Preferences. If it's just that one vault, reinstalling the app should help simplify things. You can remove your data from iCloud as well if you'd like. I hope that helps! :)

• Parker
    Parker
    Community Member

So previously I just had one single vault that synced via icloud. Now I have teams that I set up for work.
    I took your advice of deleting the app from ios and then reinstalling and setting it up with teams. I think I've sorted it out. To confirm, anything under my teams accounts syncs via 1password for teams, but if I want my primary vault to sync, I still have to set that up to sync with a different method, right?

• @Parker That's correct. You can move things from your Primary vault to your Personal vault in your Teams account if you'd like. However, if you're removed from the Teams account, you will lose access to that data since it's meant for your workplace so I wouldn't recommend putting home matters in there.

This discussion has been closed.