Newegg.com - Unable to use 1P.

https://secure.newegg.com/NewMyAccount/AccountLogin.aspx

I went to the Newegg site and manually logged in. 1P saved the results.

When I double-click on Newegg within the 1P program, the login fails with "Validation text you entered is incorrect. Please try again." I then type in the password and succeed.

Oddly, if I go to Newegg's login page manually, then use the browser 1P menu to Fill & Submit, it works.

Thanks,
Ned

Mac OS X 10.6.3
Safari 4.0.5

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Ned, that page has validation text beneath the password field. When you Go & Fill from within 1Password, the form is submitted without you entering that four-character code, so you're unable to log in. I'm not sure how Fill & Submit would work at all, even if you go to the login page manually, unless you first enter the validation text and then invoke the Fill & Submit function.

The way to get around this is to disable autosubmit for this site. This will enable 1Password to fill your login credentials but prevent it from submitting the form so that you can enter the validation text and submit the form manually.

1Password's autosubmit feature can be disabled globally, on a per-site basis, or on the fly:

Globally:
    - Run 1Password and click 1Password > Preferences > Logins
    - Disable the autosubmit option

Per-site basis:
    - Run 1Password and find the site in question
    - Click the Edit button
    - Change its Submit setting to Never and save your changes

On the fly:
    - Hold down the option key while selecting a login from the 1Password menu. You'll see the word "Fill" appear next to its name, indicating that it will fill the web form but not submit it.

In this case, you would use the "per-site basis" method to disable autosubmit for only the Newegg web site.
  • kitmos
    kitmos
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I just tried it and it failed the first time (validation code) but went thru the 2nd time with no problem. I hope this isn’t a new trend for companies....
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    kitmos wrote:
    I just tried it and it failed the first time (validation code) but went thru the 2nd time with no problem. I hope this isn’t a new trend for companies....

Thanks for the update! Web site developers are having such a fun time coming up with new schemes.
  • Ned
    Ned
    edited May 2010
    justG wrote:
    Ned, that page has validation text beneath the password field.
    Sometimes. The validation text appears only under some conditions.

Some ideas, unproven:
    1. If you first go to www.newegg.com, then click Login, the validation text does not occur.
    2. If you go to the login page after once failing, the validation text does not occur.
    3. If you enter the username and password too fast, that is, bot-fast, the validation text appears.
    4. If you go to the login page directly, not through the homepage, the validation text appears.
  • Ned
    Ned
    edited December 1969
    I just saw another thread: http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/showthread.php?15647-Issues-w-Safari-Newegg

I (the OP) am in favor of combining this thread with that one. No point in cluttering the forum.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Thanks, Ned. I'd normally agree with you, but that thread is in the 1Password 2 forum, so I'll leave them separate just to avoid confusion.
This discussion has been closed.