Saving documents does not work

ntimo
ntimo
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,
i just noticed that when using teams/families the document items are now shown correctly. So I tried the download function and saved a pdf file. When trying to open that file acrobat reader sad the file is damaged and can't be opened. And also I can't seem to add a document when I click the + button to create an item and then select document I can only type in the name of the item but there is no way to upload an document file.

Thanks Timo :)

1Password Version: Beta 29 (2016.4.801)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ntimo,

Am I correct to understand you're using the web site to upload or download the documents? The current Windows 10 beta app does not support documents and this is in the Windows 10 beta forum.

If yes, I'll be happy to move this to the Families forum for you, so our web team can help you directly.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@MikeT No you are wrong I will provide you with a screenshot give me a moment to turn on my pc.

• Hi @ntimo,

I see what you mean now, it is showing these items when you search for it, which then lets you select them and download files.

Right now, it is not a supported function and can result into broken files.

I'll file a bug report to see if we can remove the results or implement it completely.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@MikeT there is the screenshot that proves it :dizzy:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@MikeT I didn't search for anything I just found out. That an login item is missing? Its just not showing up I can't even search for it.

• Hi @ntimo,

Thanks, I've filed a bug report to look into this. The Documents don't show up on the sidebar for me, so that usually means we haven't implemented full support for it just yet. I can also confirm any downloads would result into broken files.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@MikeT Yes the last post was talking about that one login item went missing :D I can't even search for it.

• Hi @ntimo,

We're replying at the same time, I didn't see your last one when I started my last one.

As for the missing Login item, do you see it in the web app? It might be related to a different bug we're tracking and if it is, the web app should have it.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@MikeT yes the web app shows it. No problem there. I that will get fixed soon :) thanks, so that I can see documents is a bug too ;) I have to say its a funny one. In some way.

• MikeT
    edited February 2019

Hi @ntimo,

We're working on it, we know why it is happening but it is going to take time to do it right the first time in the beta app. We'll follow up as soon as we have something to share.

I suspect if you edit the item in the web app and save it, it'll then show up in the beta app.

ref: OPW-7

This discussion has been closed.