How do I add or remove vaults on the Android Beta

Stanzilla
Stanzilla
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Android

How do I add or remove vaults on the Android Beta? I just switched to OPVault and I have no idea how to do that apart from clearing data of the whole app.

To be clear, this is about adding a secondary vault and then removing one afterwards, looks like there is just a button missing or is this only possible with a Team? Would be a usability problem if you can't remove your only vault if you want to replace it.

1Password Version: 6.3b
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Stanzilla: Sorry for the confusion! If you're replacing your AgileKeychain with OPVault, the best thing to do would be to reinstall the app. While OPVault support was just added in the beta, multiple local vaults are are not yet supported — and therefore there's no vault management feature to handle something like what you're trying to do. I hope this helps. be sure to let us know if you have any other questions!

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member

Yeah well, clearing data of the app (== removing userdata) is faster than uninstall and reinstall and achieves the same thing. Definitely a point that can be improved with a future update!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I agree completely. Cheers! :)

• Rudyard
    Rudyard
    Community Member

@Stanzilla Great point! I'm so used to tweaking Android settings that I didn't even think twice about it. Clearing an app's data & cache from an average user's perspective might be intimidating. I know 1P for iOS has an 'Erase All 1Password Data' option which increases the app's accessibility.

+1 for this feature in the future.

• Thanks for the :+1:, @Rudyard!

This discussion has been closed.