How can I start over with 1Password for Teams?

sharplet
sharplet
Community Member

I joined my company's 1Password team, but unfortunately I've lost my account's master password (unfortunately due to a sync issue with the note taking app I wrote it down with).

I still have access to my personal/default (non-team) 1Password vault, and I haven't stored anything in the team-based Personal vault. What's the best way to start again with a clean slate and a new master password?

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:forgot password, kb:forgot-master-password, kb:master-password-not-accepted, kb:starting-over

Comments

• Jacob
    edited April 2016

Hey @sharplet! I have great news for you: Since you're a member of a team, someone on your account can reset things for you. :) You won't lose any of your data (even though there isn't any), and they can just recover your account and get you back in instead of deleting it and re-inviting you. Get in touch with one of your team's Recovery group members and ask them to follow the steps in How to recover a locked-out account. Let us know how it goes! :)

• drapergeek
    drapergeek
    Community Member

Thanks a bunch. Sorted now.

• sharplet
    sharplet
    Community Member

Oops, I was signed in with a different account! Thanks a bunch. Sorted now. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of penderworth, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.