can I share a password without exposing it?

Options
maggiemags
maggiemags
Community Member

I'm considering switching to Last Pass because you can share passwords with 3rd parties without exposing the actual password. Do you guys have functionality like this or is it on the product roadmap? Love your service, but this aforementioned functionality is essential.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:share, kb:share-vault

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @maggiemags,

We do have this functionality with 1Password for Teams:

1Password for Teams Admin Guide: Access Control

However I would caution that a technically savvy user, whether using 1Password for Teams or Lastpass, will be able to retreive any information that they are able to fill into a web form. The function is provided to prevent casual snooping, but should not be used in place of good termination policies (i.e. changing passwords that the user had access to). While the user is unable to view (reveal) the password in the password manager, once it's in the browser, it's fair game.

My colleague Khad has posted about this in a bit more detail over here:

Share password without showing password - AgileBits Support Forum

I hope that helps!

Ben

• maggiemags
    maggiemags
    Community Member
    Options

Very helpful Ben! Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

You're most welcome! If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @maggiemags!

As Ben has pointed out we very much do offer this. I would, however, like to ask you a followup question. You said,

this aforementioned functionality is essential.

I'm very interested in how people use this feature, and so if you have a minute, would you be willing to describe why you find it essential and how you expect to use it? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.