Adding Tags in Passports category crashes 1P application

iamecho
iamecho
Community Member
edited April 2016 in iOS

I tried adding a "travel" tag to my passport in the Passport category on both my iPhone 6S and iPad 4 mini. In both cases the whole app crashed and the dialogue box for sending a crash report popped up the next time I launched 1P. I continued to troubleshoot and I am successfully able to add tags to login, credit cards & secure notes categories so right now it's specific to the Passports category.

Easily reproducible on both devices.

1Password Version: 6.4 (640007)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Famililes

Comments

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

I was able to add a Tag to the Passports category via my Mac (1Password 6 Version 6.3.BETA-4 (630004) AgileBits Beta) and it synced no problem to the iOS devices.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iamecho,

thanks so much for reporting this! I was able to reproduce it and informed our developers about it. Hope it gets fixed soon.

ref: OPI-3477

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

Hi @Winnie - I've finished testing all the categories and the problem also exists in Memberships & Driver Licenses. All other categories work just fine when adding a Tag via iOS app. Thanks, have a good evening.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@iamecho thanks for further testing this. I looked into it also and it seems to only happen for items that have related documents. Can you confirm this as well?

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@Winnie Yes, I can confirm that, and now that you've mentioned it, any item with a related document in ANY category crashes when a tag is applied via iOS device. Interesting!

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@iamecho thanks for confirming! We'll fix that.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@Winnie If a fix has to happen anyway, is there any chance pre-existing tags could pop up for selection when adding via iOS devices? Right now you have to type them in from scratch and it's easy to create new ones if you can't remember if you used capitals or not - ie: travel or Travel.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@iamecho that is definitely on our todo list but will likely not come at the same time as this fix. Auto-suggestions would be very great indeed for the reasons you mentioned.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@Winnie You guys are always one step ahead which is why you have such an awesome product. Thanks.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@iamecho thanks so much for the kind words. This makes my day! :)

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@winnie WOW! Tag issue fixed. Nice work.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@iamecho all thanks to you reporting it. Nice teamwork, right?

This discussion has been closed.